ITC Assistant – Baidoa, Somalia
- Job category: ICT/Technology/Computers
- Post date:11 Jan 2022
- Job expires in: 7 hours
- Share job:
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY &COMMUNICATION(ITC) ASSISTANT _BAIDOA
Position: ITC Assistant
Location: Baidoa, Somalia
Start Date: February 2022
Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the IT Assistant position in Baidoa, Somalia.
This position will require the individual to perform IT related tasks and offer IT Support to all staff within ACTED Somalia mission as may be required.
- First point of contact and day-to-day technical support to end users in the office and in the field.
- Installs and performs minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve Technical problems.
- Provide technical support to users remotely and onsite and support user data backups,
- Respond promptly to client calls/emails to resolve questions and problems and Escalate client issues promptly, when required to.
- Ensures that all technical resources are available for meetings i.e. projector, laptops, and cables as request by user.
- IT Asset Management
- Develops and delivers documentation to ensure appropriate end-user support.
- Documenting major incidences as they occur
- Handle and resolve end user issues via telephone, skype, email, Remote assistant tools or onsite support.
- Develops procedures and controls for service improvements and recommend solutions to common problems
- Participates in deployment of new or upgrade information technology and infrastructure projects, including assisting co-workers and vendor partners.
- Trains co-workers on new or existing functionality or services and Identifies staff training needs based on common problems.
- Participates in integration and user acceptance testing.
- Creates temporary solutions until permanent solutions can be implemented.
- Follow-up with service providers
- Provide monthly IT reports as directed.
- Enforce IT asset usage policies and standards as outlined in the ACTED ICT policy.
- Ensure all bases under his/her jurisdiction have good internet connection and offer backup options in case of downtime.
- Data management including backups and recovery
- Any other duty that may be requested by your supervisor
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Educational level required: Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related field.
- Experience: at least 3 years of relevant technical work experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of complex hardware and software products and problem solving / diagnostic skills
- Good working knowledge of telecommunications technologies and Network Architectures for both Local Area Networks and Wide Area Networks
- Understanding of LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, VPN, Firewalls and Routers
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems configuration and administration
- Good working knowledge of office automation applications (Microsoft Office) esp. Outlook
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills. Must be able to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Must demonstrate a strong willingness to meet the Staff’s needs while balancing the organization’s needs and priorities
- Demonstrates eagerness and aptitude for acquiring necessary technical knowledge, skills and judgment to accomplish a result
- Excellent time-management skills. Able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in, and contribute to, team building environment
- Must be willing to travel to various locations in Somalia
- Must be able to speak, understand and write fluent English.
Qualified national persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to email@example.com and received on or before 5.00PM on21ST January, 2022 with the subject line“APPLICATION FOR ITC ASSISTANT POSITION_BAIDOA”
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1508 total views, 1 today