IYCF Nurse – Somali Regional State, Godgod
- Job category: Health/WASH
- Post date:14 Oct 2020
- Share job:
Post Title: IYCF Nurse
Duty Station: Somali Regional State, Godgod
Reports to: Senior Health & Nutrition Project Officer
Salary: As per the organization scale
Duration: Six Months
Islamic Relief is an international relief and development charity founded in 1984 with its headquarters in Birmingham, UK. As well as responding to disasters and emergencies, Islamic Relief promotes sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities – regardless of race, religion or gender. The office officially started operation in Ethiopia in 2004. Islamic Relief Ethiopia (IRE) is operational in the Somali Regional State with a base office in Hargelle, Elkere, Bare and Dekasuftu, Afar Regional State; Ewa & Gulina, Oromia Regional State; Chiro & Meayso and an additional operational office in Addis Ababa. For more information please visit our website: http://www.islamic-relief.org/work-with-us.
Duty and responsibilities
- Ensure at each nutrition sites are breast feeding corners established and activated for IYCF-E promotion
- Plan and implements for IYCF-E promotion with Health care provider at health centers
- Build and enhance to developed the capacity HEWs, HDAs on IYCF promotion activities
- Provide weekly/monthly reports on time for the IYCF and behavioral change activities
- Ensure the key IYCF message promotion is conducted at each Food distribution sites regularly and in good quality
- Ensure in each OTP, SC sites key IYCF messages delivered and has good record of IYCF activities
- Ensure that pregnant and lactating mothers are linked to breast feeding corners and enrolled to IYCF program
- Ensure that malnourished children from IYCF sites are referred and enrolled to respective appropriate nutrition program
- Ensure that all the target community (pregnant women and mothers those have a child under 2 years) are benefited IYCF-E promotion from project
- Involve on nutrition project activities related assessments and assisting CMAM nurse perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Nutrition project officer.
- Promote gender equity and equality through each level of activities
- Support to the HEWs and HDAs during screening (early case finding) and linkage of IYCF-E promotion
Qualification and Skills Required
- Diploma in nursing/Midwife or Degree in nursing or public health is preferable
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in similar position in a nutrition project
- Trained on anthropometric measurement
- Previous experience on emergency nutrition
- knowledge of local language and culture of the local community
- Familiarity of the area is highly desirable
- Fluent in English and Somali language is a mandatory
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel)
How to Apply
- Interested candidates are required to submit a complete Job application form with all required supporting documents (copy of credentials and testimonials) through Ethiopia.HR@islamic-relief.org.et.
- You can access the Job Application Form with this link: http://www.islamic-relief.org.et/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Employment-Application-form-1.docx. Failure to follow the instructions will invalidate your application.
- Closing date for the application is October 19, 2020.
- Due to the high volume of application, we regret that we will be able to contact only the shortlisted candidates.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1563 total views, 4 today