- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:12 Nov 2019
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
|Organization||Gargaar Relief and Development Organization (GREDO)|
|Position Title||IYCF Officer|
|Location/Duty Station||Baidoa, Somalia with frequently travel to all GREDO Offices|
|Commitment to Diversity||GREDO is an equal opportunities employer.|
GREDO is an indigenous local NGO. Non-profit non-partial, non- political and voluntary organization based in Baidoa. To reach the most affected grass-root communities in SWS regions effectively and efficiently, the necessity of local partnership in relief program appeared. Responding to the partnership need, a group of Somali intellectuals and well-wishers initiated in December 1992 a local non-governmental organization called Gargaar Relief and Development Organization (GREDO) the organization has implemented during these period different projects including relief and emergency programs and later improved into rehabilitation and developmental programs.
Role Purpose: As a member of the GREDO Health & Nutrition Program – She/he will work with Health and nutrition projects coordinating all IYCF activities under the Nutrition Program Coordinator.
Role for the IYCF to play
- Demonstrable commitment to promoting and supporting optimal breastfeeding and complementary feeding;
- Ensure that all staff implement program guidelines when assessing the mother child pair and advice the best feeding options,
- Facilitate father support and mother support group
- Develop monthly work plans for the mother baby areas eg. Child friendly space
- Demonstrable management experience;
- Experience of implementation programs (ideally nutrition related), including monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience in conducting assessments and an understanding of nutritional data;
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff;
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions;
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment;
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel and stay at the field;
- Commitment to and understanding of GREDO’s aims, values and principles;
- Experience and ability to represent GREDO’s nutrition work in external meetings;
- Demonstrable ability at report writing and excellent communication skills;
- Computer literate.
Academic: Diploma in public health or nutrition, Qualified Midwife, Certified Nurse
Experience: Two to three years’ experience in health and nutrition
Knowledge and experience on program/project management
Desirable: Qualified, nurse or midwife with primary health care/community health care experience; Emergency programming experience
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
All applicants should drop a letter of application and updated CV (including 3 referees) to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position applied for in the subject.
The deadline for application is 16/11/2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: Please provide 3 professional referees e.g. Institution of learning, Previous and current supervisors at workplace.
GREDO is an equal opportunities employer
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1952 total views, 2 today