The project aims to strengthen Intergovernmental Authority on Development’s (IGAD’s) capacity in implementing its mandate in the area of migration and displacement more effectively. Intra-regional movements like labour migration, cross-border trade, transhumance, mixed migration and displacements through conflicts or natural disasters are predominant features in the region. The IGAD region hosts more that 4 million refugees and over 8 million internally displace persons. The “Strengthening IGAD Migration Policy Implementation“ focuses on three fields of action: (1) Implementation of international, continental and regional migration and refugee frameworks in IGAD Member States, (2) Strengthening capacities of local authorities in providing services to host communities, refugees and migrants in two border regions, (3) Improving learning processes and migration data management in the IGAD region.
- Support the project leader in the strategic and technical management of the project
- Develop progress reports, concepts and policy briefs, taking into account the regulations of the commissioning party Federal Ministry of Economic
- Develop and disseminate publications and communication materials for different target groups
- Contribute to the knowledge management and regularly update and improve the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) system
- Provide technical advise on the content and organisation of workshops and learning events on migration and displacement related aspects
- Assistance in providing technical advice to the project partner
- Contribute to the preparation and monitoring of contracts, grant agreements and financing agreements
- University degree in international relation, political science, migration studies, communication or any other related field
- Knowledge of migration and displacement dynamics in the region and relevant international frameworks
- First working experiences in international cooperation or with regional organisations
- Regional experience in Subsahara Africa and in the IGAD region is an asset
- Very strong communication skills and experience in knowledge management also in M&E
- Good political intuition and advisory competence
- Ability to work in complex and politically sensitive contexts; high level of teamwork, flexibility and intercultural competences
- Very strong communication skills and fluency in German and English; knowledge of any local language of the region is an asset
The GIZ offers an additional benefits package for deployments in fragile security situations.
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Djibouti.
The applications received will be considered according to their date of receipt.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued – regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.