Knowledge Management Consultant – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:8 Oct 2020
- Share job:
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI)
COUNTRY: Federal Government of Somalia (FGS)
NAME OF PROJECT: Shock Responsive Safety Net for Human Capital Project (SNHCP)
PROJECT ID: P171346
Assignment Title: Knowledge Management Consultant
Reference No.: SO-MOLSA-196001-CS-INDV
Place of assignment: Mogadishu, Somalia
A Knowledge Management Consultant is required to support the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (MoLSA) of the Federal Government of Somalia (FGS) in its knowledge management efforts to gather and analyse the experiences and lessons learned during the implementation of the Baxnaano program, supported by the World Bank-funded Shock Responsive Safety Net for Human Capital Project (SNHCP, P171346). The SNHCP development objective is to provide cash transfers to targeted poor and vulnerable households and to establish the key building blocks of a national shock-responsive safety net system. The project was approved by the World Bank’s Board of Executive Directors in August 2019, and became effective in September 2019. In support of activities under the SNHCP, MoLSA seeks to hire a Knowledge Management Specialist as part of the Project Implementation Unit (PIU).
2. Responsibilities of the assignment
The overall responsibilities of of Knowledge Management Consultant are (i) Develop a knowledge management strategy that enhances current means of culling knowledge from the program, considering innovative types of knowledge products, to broaden the means of dissemination in support of the program’s goals, in consultation with the PIU and the SNHCP partners, (ii) Documenting the lessons from the implementation of component 1, and ensuring that the lesson generated are shared with all partners involved in designing the key delivery systems in component 2, (iii) Support on knowledge and information management and dissemination to the Social Protection Steering Committee (SPSC) and the Donor-Government SP Technical Working Group, (iv) Draft concept notes, checklists, ToRs, meeting/workshop reports as may be needed, (v) Carry out other activities as required by the Project Manager and other specific tasks detailed in the Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment that can be found at the following website: www.molsa.gov.so.
3. Selection Criteria:
Selection shall be based on qualification and experience of the candidate and followed by an interview. The minimum qualification, experience and skills should include:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in media and communications, development studies, Monitoring and Evaluation, social sciences, or other fields related to the scope of the assignment;
- At least five (5) years of proven knowledge management/ reporting/ content development assignments;
- Strong verbal and written professional communication skills in English and Somali. The candidate will demonstrate proven transparency in sharing information;
- Experience in organizing conferences, working groups, and other knowledge-sharing events.
- Demonstrated high level administrative skills and ability to work independently and produce high-quality work with minimal supervision.
4. Duration: The duration for the assignment is 12 months, renewable based on satisfactory performance and availability of budget.
5. The Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs now invites eligible Individual to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested Individual Consultants must submit their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letter indicating that they are qualified to perform the services.
6. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs 3.14, 3.16 and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services dated July 2016 and revised in November 2017 and August 2018, (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
7. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultants Selection method set out in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations.
8. Mode of submission of Applications and deadline: Interested Consultants may obtain further information including a detailed Terms of Reference at the address given below from 8:30 to 3.30pm Mogadishu time (Excluding public holidays).
Expressions of interest (EOI) and CV must be delivered (in person or by e-mail) in a written form in three (3) hard copies (if not by e-mail) to the address below by October 25, 2020 12.00 mid night (Mogadishu Time) – marked clearly as – Application for Knowledge Management Consultant for Baxnaano Project.
Att. Project Manager
Social Protection Department,
Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
Federal Government of Somalia
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1931 total views, 5 today