Labor Grievance Redress Management (GRM) Specialist -Mogadishu
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:25 Mar 2020
- Share job:
The Federal Government of Somalia
Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI)
COUNTRY: FederalGovernment of Somalia (FGS)
NAME OF PROJECT: Shock Responsive Safety Net for Human Capital Project (SNHCP)
PROJECT ID: P171346
Assignment Title: Labor Grievance Redress Management (GRM) Specialist
Reference No.: SO-MOLSA-164691-CS-INDV
Place of assignment: Mogadishu, Somalia
A Labor Grievance Redress Management (GRM) Specialist required to support the Federal Government of Somalia (FGS) in the implementation of a World Bank-funded Program, the Shock Responsive Safety Net for Human Capital Project (SNHCP, P171346). The project development objective of SNHCP is to provide cash transfers to targeted poor and vulnerable households and establish the key building blocks of a national shock-responsive safety net system. The project is targeting effectiveness by September 2019. In support of activities under SNHCP the FGS seeks to hire A Labor Grievance Redress Management (GRM) Specialistas part of the project implementation unit (PIU).
- Responsibilities of the assignment
The overall responsibilities of the Labor Grievance Redress Management (GRM) Specialistare (i) Establishing a GRM procedure that is accessible to all types of workers regardless of their geographical location and literacy levels and in particular workers working for Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) hired by WFP in the implementation of SNHCP. (ii) Training and capacity building of workers on the grievance redress mechanism notably the process, timescales, escalation procedures and what the GRM can and cannot address and achieve. (iii)Implementation of the GRM including receiving grievances, investigation of grievances and providing feedback to complainants. (iv)Ensuring the GRM is implemented in a transparent manner free from coercion and intimidation and without cost to the complainant. (v) Undertaking quarterly reporting to the MoLSA on the number of grievances received, the number (%) of grievances resolved within agreed timescales, the number of outstanding grievances. (vi) Support WFP and MoLSA to respond to any legal matters arising associated with grievances previously submitted through the GRM. (vii)Provide Labor Grievance Redress Management (GRM) skills development and transfer to Government staff / Civil servants involved in GRM activities and other specific tasks detailed in the Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment that can be found at the following website: www.molsa.gov.so or can be provide upon submission of application in person or by e-mail provide below.
- Selection Criteria:
Selection shall be based on qualification and experience of the candidate and followed by an interview. The minimum qualification, experience and skills should include:
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Sciences in relevant discipline such as human resources, business administration or management;
- 8 years of experience in human resources management, including grievance management;
- Demonstrable knowledge of managing Labour issues in line with international best practice/required regulatory requirements;
- Experience of working to manage Labour related grievances and complaints within NGOs, civil society or similar organizations would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of basic word processing functions including MS Word, Excel etc.
The duration for the assignment is 12 months, renewable based on satisfactory performance and availability of budget.
- The Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs now invites eligible Individual to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested Individual Consultants must submit their Curriculum Vitae (CV)and cover letterindicating that they are qualified to perform the services.
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs 3.14, 3.16 and 3.17of the WorldBank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Servicesdated July 2016 and revised in November 2017 and August 2018,(“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultants Selection method set out in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations.
- Mode of submission of Applications and deadline:
Interested Consultants may obtain further information including a detailed Terms of Reference at the address given below from 8:30 to 3.30pm Mogadishu time (Excluding public holidays).
Expressions of interest (EOI) and CV must be delivered (in person or by e-mail) in a written form in three (3) hard copies (if not by e-mail) to the address belowby April 14, 2020 12.00 mid night (Mogadishu Time) – marked clearly as – Application for Labor Grievance Redress Management (GRM) Specialist.
Att. Project Manager
Social Protection Department,
Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
Federal Government of Somalia
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1633 total views, 1 today