Laboratory Technician – Keysaney Hospital, Somalia
- Job category: Health/WASH
- Post date:11 Oct 2020
- Share job:
Laboratory Technician (1 Position)
Head of Laboratory
The Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) is an independent, non-political humanitarian organization that was founded in April 1963 and was established with presidential decree No. 187 in 1965. It was then recognized by the ICRC in 1969 and in the same year became a member of the International Federation of the Red Cross and the Red Crescent societies.
The Somali Red Crescent Society is currently looking for a qualified candidate to fill the vacant positions of Laboratory Technician in Keysaney Hospital, Mogadishu.
Overall Job Purpose
The goal is to optimize lab procedures and succeed in producing reliable and important results that can be used to make a difference.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Reception and registration of specimens, processing, examination, and recording results.
- To prepare reagents and stains.
- To ensure safety and security of laboratory.
- Promotion of health care and prevention and control of disease.
- To care for laboratory equipment.
- Accurate analyzing and reproducibility of results.
- Recruitment and collection of blood from blood donors.
- Preparation of monthly statistics and department inventory list.
- Counter checking of results.
- To adhere to safety guidelines.
- To work on call and be prepared to work irregular and extend hours in emergencies.
- To work in any area as directed by the Head of lab. For operational reasons.
- Bachelor Degree of Laboratory/High diploma or equivalent.
- Registered/recognized as laboratory technician.
- Should have relevant experience ( Knowledge of SRCS is an added value)
- High commitment and ability to work under pressure
- Basic computer skills (Word, excel, power point)
- Good communication skills in Somali & English language
- Minimum 3 years’ experience, specially in Laboratory
Job Competencies & Experience
- Demonstrating consistency in upholding integrity and ethics.
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to the fundamental principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Team leader with demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills.
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate openness to change & ability to manage complexities.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills and ability to manage inter-competencies group dynamics and mediate conflicting interests.
- Excellent writing skills, analytical capacity to synthesize project outputs and findings. for the preparation of quality programme reports.
- Maturity & confidence in dealing with senior and high ranking officials.
- Remain calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
- Respond positively to critical feedback and differing points of views
- Proficiency in computer office packages word, excel, power point.
Demonstrate proficiency in Somali and English languages.
Interested qualified candidates are encouraged to send their C.V with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 20th October 2020
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1476 total views, 1 today