Legal Advisor (National Position) – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Legal Affairs
- Post date:1 Jun 2020
- Share job:
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Job Title: Legal Advisor (National Position)
Reports To: Campaign Manager
Place of Assignment: Hargeisa (With extensive travel to the project
Sites in Somaliland)
Duration: 5 months
Position: Short term internship Act Legal Advisor
Horn of Africa Voluntary Youth Committee (HAVOYOCO) is a regional Non -governmental Organization (NGO) operating in Somaliland and Ethiopia. HAVOYOCO is currently implementing a program funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Netherlands on Youth employment creation. The program is funded through a global alliance which is led by Oxfam.
The Program “Work in Progress-WiP”- is a 4 years program (1st January 2020 to 31 December 2023) This is a multi-country program (Somaliland, Egypt and Nigeria) the program aims at creating more jobs for young women and men through development of skills, developing networks and awareness. In addition, Small and Middle Size Enterprises is supported for their development and networking in order to create more opportunities for Youth. The program activities are implemented across all six regions in Somaliland. Four different partners implement the WiP Program in Somaliland delivering different components of the project based on their expertise and thematic areas.
The short term The “Legal Advisor” will be a member of the WiP Project Team, with special focus on supporting in the development of Somaliland internship act. The National internship Act Development Legal Advisor will work closely with HAVOYOCO’s WiP campaign manager.
The “Legal Advisor” is expected to support the ministry of employment, social and family affairs (MESAF) on a broad range of issues in the development of national internship Act, including but not limited to taking the day to day legal responsibilities and providing legal advice that includes all the aspects of the analysis, investigation and drafting process.
Key Responsibilities for the short term Legal advisor:
- Facilitate the development process of the Somaliland national internship act that will guide the internship opportunities of the country
- Conduct legal analysis and research on various legal matters in the internship sector
- Provide advice on different legal issues and assist in drafting legal opinions and other legal documents for the development of Somaliland national internship Act
- Provide legal guidance, policies and procedures to the development of Somaliland national internship policy
- Conduct legal research by utilizing various resources and selecting the relevant material to analyze the legal information for the development of the national internship act
- Facilitate process with the ministry of employment, social and family affairs and other key stakeholders to map and review existing national internship policy
- Work with relevant project stakeholders and local actors in both private and public sectors to provide support in sustaining the national internship policy
- Lead, Organize and facilitates consultation meetings and focus group discussions with relevant different youth and development actors including the private sector.
- Develop Terms of Reference for the different consultation meetings/FGDs with appropriate and necessary technical expertise
- Establish strong relationship with the National internship policy stakeholders and ensure regular communication as part of internship Act development and management role
- Conduct thorough stakeholder analysis, map out the works, interests and plans of other stakeholders in respect to advocacy and influencing on Internship act development and suggest possible ways of collaboration and/or addressing the issue by WiP.
- Facilitate regular dialogue/consultation meetings involving and engaging stakeholders on Youth employment.
- Presentation and dissemination of National internship Act results internally (within MESAF and WiP partners) and externally at conferences and meetings/workshops
- Liaison and networking with a wide range of agencies including attending meetings on behalf of the WiP project and providing short meeting summaries for distribution.
- Conduct any other tasks and duties assigned by the County Director and the campaign manager
Qualification and Experience
Masters’ degree in relevant field (Law) or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training preferred.
Experience and Core Competencies:
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience in Legal, policy, advocacy, organizing and relationship management
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex multi-functional projects in a distributed work environment.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills , both oral and written
- Ability to represent WiP project and public speaking experience
- Ability to think and operate strategically and creatively
- Must have ability to work independently or as part of team
- Experience working in Somaliland and Familiarity of working with Somaliland government and relevant ministries and institutions.
- Extensive experience in the sector of Act and legal development as well as employment growth.
- Experience writing and executing advocacy plans with measurable milestones
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a demanding environment with tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate successfully
- multitasking skills
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
Key Relationships and Contacts
HAVOYOCO WiP campaign Manager, Country Director and Program Development Adviser
Ministry of employment, Social and family affairs (MESAF) WiP Local Partners, Oxfam WiP team, relevant NGOs and research/academic institutes in Somaliland, relevant government institutions, relevant platforms and forums in Somaliland.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications, should include a CV with cover letter and 3 professional references to be sent via email to: email@example.com, not later than 15th June 2020 clearly mentioning the position on the subject line**.Legal Advisor** Hargeisa.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
by submitting your Application for this position you agreed to HAVOYOCO’s ZERO Tolerance to: Fraud. Sexual Harassment, child safeguarding include exploitation, Abuse and any violations against children.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1189 total views, 2 today