Livelihood Mobilizer – Baidoa, Somalia
- Job category: Livelihood
- Post date:24 Nov 2021
- Job expires in: 6 hours
- Share job:
Position: Livelihood Mobilizer
Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the Livelihood Mobilizerposition in Baidoa, Somalia.
The Livelihoods Mobilizers’ main role will be to organize the beneficiaries in each division to implement the project activities, and to facilitate and monitor these same activities in order to comply with ACTED rules and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project Implementation
- Liaise with communities, beneficiaries, and local authorities.
- Carry out beneficiary identification and selection.
- Carry out beneficiary training and sensitization.
- Assist with weekly and monthly planning.
- Carry out daily implementations of field activities.
- Carry out assessments.
- Work with ACTED management and support staff to comply with rules and procedures.
- Assist with weekly and monthly reporting to the Project Officer.
- Keep the Project Officer- WASH regularly updated on all issues related to the project activities.
- Protection Mainstreaming
- Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labors).
- Any other duty as may be requested by your supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, Community Development, WASH, Rural Livelihoods or related field.
- At least 2 years of work experience in a similar field; former experience with humanitarian organizations is an asset.
- Good English communications skills (both oral and written) and report writing skills.
- Strong team player of high integrity, pleasant personality, ability to work under least supervision and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent team management skills
- Strong people management and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Qualified national persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 5.00PM on30th November 2021with the subject line“LIVELIHOOD MOBILIZER_BAIDOA”
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1857 total views, 1 today