Livelihood officer(s) – (2 positions) -Wanlaweyn district, Somalia
- Job category: Livelihood
- Post date:22 Oct 2020
- Share job:
KAAH Relief & Development Organization Short Name: KAAH Relief Physical Address: Adan Ade Airport Road, Wadajir district, opposite UNICEF/WHO office, Mogadishu, Somalia Tel: +252615503333/+252699962373, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.kaahsomalia.org
Vacancy Announcement: 22nd October 2020
Position: Livelihood officer(s) – 2 positions
Duration: 6 months
Location: Wanlaweyn district, Somalia
Directly reports to: Livelihood Manager
Application closing date: 1st November 2020
KAAH Relief and Development Organization abbreviated as KAAH is a National humanitarian organization working in Somalia since its establishment the year 2001. KAAH is a non-profit making organization established to address and mitigate the effects of biting natural and man-made disasters and the socio-economic problems in Somalia. It is an initiative formed to resist prolonged insecurity and droughts in Somalia and the increased lack of humanitarian access and humanitarian services to victims in Somalia.
KAAH targets vulnerable beneficiaries both in urban and rural areas on life-saving activities through emergency response, recovery, livelihoods, and developmental activities. With regards to the absence of the socio-economic infrastructure and the systems of governance and institutions which led to the collapse of livelihoods and all the basic services of many communities. The organization also focuses on governance projects of peace building and development initiatives. KAAH since its inception and mutual partnerships with global development and local partners has been able to implement humanitarian protection activities in collaboration with its stakeholders.
In partnership with Somali Humanitarian Fund, KAAH is implementing livelihood program, titled ‘Improve access to food among food-insecure households in Wanlaweyn of Lower Shabelle region’. The program aims to improve access to food among food-insecure households and the provision of appropriate livelihood seasonal inputs in Wanlawayn of Lower Shabelle region. Targeting the most vulnerable people that had recently displaced as a result of the flooding. With the aim of improving their access to food through unconditional and protecting and restoring the livelihoods related to food and income sources through conditional Cash transfers.
Overall Job Purpose
The livelihood officer is based in the field and is responsible for the day-to-day implementation of this project including monitoring, registration, and community engagement.
The livelihood officer will support the technical implementation of the livelihood project. He/she will ensure project beneficiaries are selected with close collaboration with local authority and community elders. Also, will ensure activities are carried out according to the project work plan and budget and within time frame. The livelihood officer will ensure that cash transfers to project beneficiaries are distributed.
He/she Organize and manage the distribution of cash to targeted households and supervise the cash for work activities are carried out and cash transfers are distributed to the targeted beneficiaries.
Responsibilities of the position:
- The livelihood officer will be expected to undertake key activities in the implementation of the livelihood project.
- The livelihood officer should be able to help the target beneficiaries and build their resilience through adaptation of livelihood practice aiming to combat the short -term relief mentality and come up with long term initiative such as food production
- Develop sustainable initiative on livelihood to support and encourage local communities to maximize their existing capacities.
- Undertake continues assessments and baseline surveys to examine existence livelihood and food security coping mechanism.
- Responsible for overseeing implementation of livelihood project activities in accordance with approved time schedules, budgets.
- Work closely with livelihood project manager and other project managers to ensure project reports are prepared and submitted on timely.
- Develop and contribute in terms of knowledge and expertise into livelihood sector particularly: building community resilience and environment management.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly project reports.
- Assesses project performance to identify success factors and incorporates best practices into project work.
- Monitors specific stages of projects/programme implementation.
- Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things.
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks.
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools and utilizes these regularly in work assignments.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity.
- Facilitating teamwork and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively.
- Managing conflict, Informed and transparent decision making.
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelors’ Degree in development, economics, public administration, social sciences, or any other related field.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in the design, implementation and management of livelihood recovery and development programmes.
- Experience in post-conflict and early recovery contexts.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with Government, community leadership and other development partners.
- Written and oral fluency in English.
- The post is open to only Somali Nationals
- Female applicants are encouraged
Interested applicants are requested to submit their detailed CV and cover letter through the following email addresses: ‘email@example.com’ copying ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’. With the subject line indicating ‘Application for the Livelihood Officer Position’, on or before 1st November 2020.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1566 total views, 5 today