Livestock Program Officer
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:3 Oct 2019
- Share job:
Position Title: Livestock Program Officer
Duty station: Mogadishu
Position Category: Full Time
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions
into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future.
Mercy Corps Somalia aims to strengthen systems and mechanisms that enable sustainable development, emergency response and peaceful processes through high quality and high impact programming in Somaliland, Puntland and the South-Central of Somalia, i.e. all over Somalia. Mercy Corps assists communities in Somalia to transition from crisis to transformative recovery and sustainable development. We currently implement programs that address IDP and returnees needs in terms of education, health, conflict mitigation management, livelihoods and emergency response with an orientation towards early recovery. We aim to expand our programs that strengthen and diversify livelihoods and ensure food security and resilience throughout the country. In our continued response to emergency and disaster, Mercy Corps seeks experienced Livestock Program Officer for its Somalia Emergency Assistance and Early Market Recovery Program (SEAM), funded by the USAID/OFDA.
[Describe overview of job mission
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Livestock Program Officer is overall responsible for the day to day implementation of the planned activity components under the Agriculture and Food Security (AFS) Sector, particularly the livestock related activities in the SEAM Program. The Livestock Program Officer will work closely both with management and support staff (including finance, administration and program) in Mogadishu and other Mercy Corps field offices to ensure the day to day activities are implemented according to schedule, budget and required quality. The Livestock Program Officer will have to coordinate closely with the different clusters, i.e. Food Security, Protection and Health/Nutrition Clusters. Similarly, the Livestock Program Officer has to closely coordinate with the Local Administration, the IDP and host community leaders, and other key program stakeholders to achieve the program goals and ensure that all activities to be implemented on demand-driven; and communities mobilized in a participatory way. He/she will have to show full adherence to Mercy Corps procedures, policy and security protocols.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conduct periodic need assessment and prepare activity papers and documentations
- Maintain close working relationship with local authorities, INGOs and Local NGOs
- Foster a collaborative team atmosphere which engages the stakeholder.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and not to jeopardize its humanitarian mission
- Adhere to MC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the SEAM Program – AFS Sector and other program portfolios according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management and supervisor in the area of duty station
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Representations at cluster meetings at the field level.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the program unit
- Field data information and data collection to inform program design and planning
- Support the implementation of the activities under the AFS Sector, particularly the livestock related activities in SEAM Program.
- Document good practices and lessons, testimonies and stories for program learning from field visits, surveys and assessments that have been done
- Work with all Mercy Corps staff to compile all program related documentations for SEAM Program coverage areas in the South-Central of Somalia as may be required from time to time.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support with all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Program Manager
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: All program staff, finance staff and operation staff
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Relevant qualification in the field of livestock of the development for national and international relief and development organization in a similar role, ability to multitask and make decisions, experience in working effectively with minimum supervision.
- At least one year of work experience with an NGO in a similar capacity, one operating in the South-Central of Somalia is extremely desirable.
- Knowledge of the Somalia legal and tax system regarding NGO operation is desired.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications should submit their CV and Motivation letter attached as one to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than October 10th 2019. Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted for Interview. Please indicate the title of the position in the subject line and any incomplete applications will be disregarded.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
5821 total views, 3 today