Logistics Assistant – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Logistics/Supply Chain
- Post date:9 Oct 2021
- Share job:
Logistics Assistant Somaliland Hargeisa (National Position)
Job Category: Logistics
Posting Date: 10/05/2021, 12:05 AM
Apply Before: 10/16/2021, 09:05 PM
Degree Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Schedule: Full time
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on WebCruiter. Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Rights Respected, People Protected
Founded in 1946, today the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) works in both new and protracted crises across 31 countries. Our 6,000 employees provide life-saving and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. NRC specialises in six areas: food security, education, shelter, legal assistance, camp management, and water, sanitation and hygiene. NRC is a determined advocate for displaced people. We promote and defend their rights and dignity in local communities, with national governments and in the international arena.
NRC’s expert deployment capacity, NORCAP, boasts around 1,000 experts from all over the world who can be deployed within 72 hours. NORCAP experts help improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises.
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
NRC Somalia and Somaliland has been active since 2004 with four area offices in Kismayu, Mogadishu, Garowe and Hargeisa, providing protection and humanitarian assistance to refugees, internally displaced persons and returnees in Somaliland, Puntland, South Central and Jubbaland regions. NRC offers a comprehensive response for returnees and IDPs of high need, addressing their food security, livelihood, shelter, education, ICLA, and water, hygiene and sanitation needs and also responding to emergencies through NRC’s five core competences; Shelter, Education, Food Security and Livelihoods, WASH and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA).
NRC Somalia & Somaliland is part of NRC’s East Africa and Yemen regional operation which comprises of large-scale multi-country humanitarian and early recovery interventions spread across seven countries (Kenya, Somalia & Somaliland, Ethiopia, Djibouti, Yemen, Eritrea, South Sudan, Uganda and Tanzania). NRC’s overall strategy in the region is to enhance protection and promote the rights of displaced people in humanitarian need by improving living conditions and seeking durable solutions. The regional office is based in Nairobi and works with country programmes to ensure standardization of programmatic and operational approaches, promote multi country programming and ensuring quality and coordination.
The purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities. Use actions words such as conduct or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
Generic responsibilities (max 10)
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Receive all incoming supplies; inspect and verify for conformity to the order specifications and delivery notes
- Ensure that all goods received are stored in assigned storage locations and handled as per NRC procedures of safety, security, accountability and transparency
- Distribute materials, products, parts and supplies to field staff based on NRC procedure
- Monitor the operations in the warehouses to ensure adherence to policies, process, procedure and guidelines
- Conduct periodic inventory of stock and ensure that relevant documentation are created, updated and accurate.
- Consolidate material update reports for programs and advise on stock levels.
- Ensure effective trucking of materials in the warehouse and returns from the field
- Ensure proper and clear records of all incoming and outgoing materials in the warehouses are kept and maintained in standard NRC templates
- Review stock details and recommend disposal of excess, expired, defective or obsolete stock
- Compile periodic stock reports
- Ensure that the telephone bills, electricity and water bills are paid on time
- Requisition, receive, record, distribute and maintain adequate inventory of office and guesthouse supplies and consumables
- Assist in the management and usage of telephone, fax, and other communication facilities in the office
- Ensure order and cleanliness of the offices and accommodation facilities
- Organize facilities maintenance and cleaning of the warehouses and other storage facilities
Our Ideal Candidate:
Bachelor degree in business administration, logistics, procurements or related field with minimum two years’ experience of working as a logistics assistant a humanitarian or development context.
Team leadership, inter-personal and inter-cultural skills and documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
Good cultural awareness and sensitivity. Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential and attention to details, problem solving skill, excellent time management skills
Technical management expertise relevant to the role. Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities. Fluency in English and Arabic both written and verbal.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position, you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!!!
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Hargeisa
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Apply through www.nrc.no/career closing date: 16/10/2021
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC requires staff members who travel on an international contract to the field to undergo an medical examination with our medical provider. Employees must produce a Health Clearance Certificate before departure stating that there are no relevant health concerns. If staff are unable to provide this, NRC reserves the right to terminate the Contract of Employment.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
3651 total views, 7 today