LOGISTICS ASSISTANT – HARGEISA, SOMALILAND
- Job category: Logistics/Supply Chain
- Post date:3 Sep 2020
- Share job:
Position: Logistics Assistant
Duration of contract: 3 months
Closing date: 17/09/2020
Created in 1982, Handicap International (HI) is an independent and impartial international aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside people with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our actions are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. HI was the co-winner of the Nobel Peace Prize in 1997 for its role in the International Campaign to Ban Landmines and was recently awarded (October 2016) a prize by the Office of the Presidency in Somaliland for services to Persons with Disabilities.
Handicap International started in Somaliland in 1992 by setting up a rehabilitation center in Hargeisa. HI’s strategy in Somaliland is to advocate for the rights of persons with disabilities and to engage development actors to promote inclusion and participation of persons with disabilities and other vulnerable people at local and national level.
Handicap International (HI) is currently implementing 21 months humanitarian aid project in Somaliland and Somalia for IDPs in Togdheer and Maradi-jeh regions, and inclusive humanitarian action in Mogadishu/ Banadir Region; “ Emergency response for most at risk displaced and host population with a focus on elderly, people with injuries, chronic illness, physical disabilities and/or psychological distress and their family members.
Given the growth of our program, we are looking for a communicative and highly motivated team player who is open and supportive of our mandate on inclusion to support our logistics management. The Logistics Assistant will be working in close collaboration with the whole team, and under the line management of the Administrative and Logistics Manager, based in Hargeisa.
Under direct supervision of the Administrative and Logistics Manager, the Logistics Assistant will support to maintain procurement process to ensure the availability of material and equipment needed on time and supervising all logistical activities at his/her assigned base.
2.1 Scope of responsibilities:
- Ensure the Handicap International and donors procurement rules are respected.
- Recommends contract adjustments and assists in preparation of contracts before seeking approval of the Admin & Logistics Manager.
- Make a first analysis of the purchase file which requires the Admin & Logistics Manager approval.
- Ensure that Procurement and Service follow up is initiated, maintained and updated.
- Works in close collaboration with the base Logisticians and/or the Project Manager to update regarding the order ongoing.
- Ensure a good communication with the program managers at all the level of the purchase process
- Collect and verify the quotations, prepare the Summary Analysis Bid and the purchase order.
- For specific items, ensure a sample analysis is conducted properly in order to have a quality validation by the Project Manager or by a technical advisor.
- Cross check bid analysis documents before submitting to the Admin & Logistics Manager.
- Ensure the collected documents are compliant with HI procedures: supplier stamp, signature..
- Conducts market surveys for corporate contract for the Mission.
- Initiate and develop supplier database.
- Identify the new suppliers and make a permanent research of new sources of supply on the benefit of the Organization
- Create and update every three month a Price list.
- Each end of the week. send the Admin & Logistic manager the procurement following up tracking updated (PMT)
- Ensure the quality of the purchase and the delivery deadlines;
- Make sure to always consider value for money having in mind quality and sustainability of the goods
- Verify the consignment is well arrived at the final destination and collect the documentation to settle the payment accordingly
2.2 Administrative compliance of purchases files:
- Ensure the adequate filling of purchases files: signatures, presence and validity of the documents, in order to guarantee accurate traceability of all purchases throughout the supply chain.
- Block the purchases when a signature is missing or a document is not complying with the HI rules.
- Check the PSR prior to purchasing; ensure that all the validations are done before the purchase order is sent to the supplier
- Inform the Admin & Logistics Manager when a signature is missing or a document is not complying with the HI rules.
- Equipment / Stock Report
- Ensure the respect of HI stock management procedure.
- Ensure inventories are done regularly (weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly) for the different items stored within the mission (projects and logistic items), and ensure it is spread to the programs.
- Ensure the storage management procedures are respected: Stock items request, stock cards, Delivery Notes.
- Ensure the traceability is well applied from the Logistics to the Programs (Stock Item request, Waybill and donation certificate)
- Crosscheck regularly the data between deliveries from store and programs data (donation certificates)
- Verify the consignment is well arrived at the final destination and collect the documentation
- Vehicle management
- Ensure the follow up of vehicle and drivers (rental) contracts and keep updated a precise follow up including payment follow up.
- Ensure the respect of HI vehicle management procedure; log books, use of the vehicles…
- Consolidate weekly the movement plan and ensure that drivers comply with HI fleet rules and procedures.
- Supervise the general follow up of the operations vehicles
- Make sure that each HI vehicle is equipped with the necessary items and documents (vehicle ownership, driver license, first aid kits, 1kg of fire extinguisher etc.)
- Brief every driver on his duties and security rules.
- Premises management
- Administrative duties including stocking of office supplies, ensuring that the office is clean and functional for the team;
- Ensure the good coordination of maintenance of the office and accommodations.
- Ensure the supply of domestic gas, drinkable water and other welfare items in the office and accommodations
- Plan the request in advance for all stock material needs in offices and accommodations
- Inventory set up and follow up of the premises
- Reporting and Analysis
- Complete and submit the Purchase, Vehicle and Stock Monitoring Tools on a monthly basis
- Edit and submit the stock monitoring table on weekly basis.
This is to list as exhaustive as possible the duties related to this job. Nevertheless, the employee is expected to be flexible according to the organization’s needs and to accept extra-duties, temporarily or permanently, in respect of working hours and workload.
Education and Competency
- Minimum diploma or University degree, preferably in Business Administration or related field from a recognized institution of higher education
- Experience, preferably a minimum of 2 years in logistics
- Good cooperation skills, ability to work well independently and in a team.
- Strong organizational, Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English/Somalia is mandatory;
- Experience working with International NGO’s, UN agencies and/or local authorities in complex emergencies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, personable and with good sense of humor
- Status: Service contract with salary according to experience
- Start: 1st October 2020
- Duration: 3 months (possible extension, linked to final confirmation on funding)
Condition of application:
If you feel you are the right candidate for this position, kindly send your application along with an up-to-date CV + a cover letter (including 3 referees with their current official contacts) by email no later than 17th of September 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The email subject line should be marked: “Application for Logistics Assistant”
- Please do not send your academic and other testimonials they will be requested at a later stage.
If one of the mandatory topics above isn’t respected, the candidate will be disqualified
Only short listed candidates with the above qualifications and skills will be contacted.
Humanity & Inclusion is committed to safeguarding and promoting child protection and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position may involve working with beneficiaries and is subject to strict safer recruitment checks. The successful candidate will be required to complete a police check and sign self-declaration form to help us verify your suitability to work with children including checks with past employers.
Humanity & Inclusion is an equal opportunity employer and qualified and women and persons with disability applicants are highly encouraged to apply!
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
4173 total views, 3 today