LOGISTICS ASSISTANT – KISMAYO
- Job category: Logistics/Supply Chain
- Post date:11 Feb 2020
- Job expires in: 10 days
- Share job:
JOB OPPORTUNITY: LOGISTICS ASSISTANT, KISMAYO
Position: Logistics Assistant
Direct hierarchy: Logistics Officer
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the Logistics Assistant position in Kismayo.
- Main Objective
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Logistics Officer and technical supervision of the Logistics Manager, the Logistics Assistant ensures that s/he performs transparent and efficient logistics activities for ACTED programmes inKismayo.
II. Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Stock/Warehouse Management:
- Ensure all commodities and goods are well organized in the stock by project/program
- Ensure all commodities and goods have stock cards and registered in “Stock Situation Report”;
- Ensure all commodities for stock commodities IN/OUT have “Stock Request” form, “Waybill or Reception Voucher” and properly recorded in “Stock Cards” and “Stock Situation Report”;
- Ensure the tidiness and well protection of goods/commodities in stock and monthly stock inspection form is filled in by (non-logistic member) regularly;
- Ensure the safety and security of stock/Warehouse and ACTED commodities/goods within stock; – check the fire extinguishers are in working condition in stock, control the entrance and exit door locks etc.)
The Logistic assistant is assisting the senior logistic officer in all procurements for ACTED in Kismayo and his key responsibilities listed but not limited below:
- To receive Order form – cross check the items and ensure the OF filled with clear descriptions, delivery timeline, delivery location as well as the budget has validated by Finance;
- To ensure to respect ACTED procurement procedures for each purchase
- To find and Prepare the list of successful suppliers
- To ensure fair and transparent selection of suppliers in each procurement;
- To prepare procurement memo, contracts, purchase orders based on fair and transparent negotiation with suppliers/contractors;
- To follow with Finance on weekly basis contract follow up (CFU) to ensure all procurement contracts under scenario (C, D and E) is registered and recorded
- Collecting quotations from potential supplier
- Updating the status of the orders with the OFU
- Delivery Follow up
- To ensure all procurement has been followed by delivery follow up (waybills, reception vouchers and packing list).
- To follow with field to send the signed waybill, reception vouchers and packing list after delivery IMMEDIATELY.
- To attach and file each delivery forms (waybill, reception voucher and packing list) with each relevant purchase documents in designated folder.
- To ensure the received quantity in the waybill(s) corresponds with the purchase documents and Order Form (OF).
- Logistic Folders:
- To create and update regularly the procurement folders for each ongoing programs based on purchase scenarios (e.g. 1 folder for all Scenario A and B and one folder for all Scenario C, D and E)
- To create and or update the Order form follow up folders (open order form to be placed in this folder)
- To update the procurement folders regularly and ensure that all procurement documents are collected with high attention on transparency and ACTED FLAT guidelines
- FLAT Folder (logistic contributions):
- To provide all scenario “C”, “D” and “E” purchase documents original copies to FLAT focal point immediately after signing the contract with selected supplier(s)
- To provide delivery documents for Scenario “C”,” D” and “E” (delivery follow ups, waybills, reception vouchers or packing list) for each delivered contract to FLAT focal point immediately after delivery completion;
- Meet on weekly basis with FLAT focal point in Capital office to review the CFU and handover the FLAT/logistic documents as per CFU;
- Support in Fleet management
- Make separate binders for each vehicle and then file all necessary documents (i.e. copy of rental car contract, copy of fuel slips, with all bills and documents, car monthly log book, fuel consumption follows up, accident form with attached documents etc.
- Create a binder for all vehicle fuel consumption report;
- Ensure all vehicles are in good condition and ready for use;
- Organize the driver duty schedule and ensure the movement of board is filled in regularly
- Follow up of staff movement between area and sub offices and Area and capital offices;
- Supervise the fuel consumption of each car and report directly to
- Provide the monthly report to Capital logistic and file copy of fuel consumption report in “Transport follow up” binder.
- Support in Asset management
- Make sure assets are managed appropriate
- Keep asset register updated
- Communicate timely asset needs
- Protection Mainstreaming
- Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labors)
- Perform other tasks as requested by ACTED Management
- Bachelor degree in purchasing Supply Management or higher national diploma in store, logistics management or equivalent.
- At least 3years’ relevant experience in procurement and logistics management in INGOs.
- Experience in safety and security management an advantage
- Computer literate and with basic IT Knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels,
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Experience in providing inputs to proposals and donor reports in procurement and logistics.
- Demonstrated experience in overall responsibility and accountability for the logistical management of an organization.
- Ability to work under pressure, deal constructively with stress and working long hours.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player.
- Being fluent in Somali language and English is a must
Qualified Nationals with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to email@example.com and received on or before 5.00PM on 25thFebruary, 2020with the subject line “LOGISTICS ASSISTANT – KISMAYO”. Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage. CVs will be shortlisted on an on-going basis.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments. ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1111 total views, 128 today