Logistics Business Support Assistant (Airlifting Operations) – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Logistics/Supply Chain
- Post date:21 Nov 2020
- Share job:
Career Opportunities: Logistics Business Support Assistant (Airlifting Operations) SC4, Mogadishu (131045).
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Closing Date: 01 December 2020
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include relief assistance, safety-net support including school feeding, nutrition programmes and livelihood support through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers and capacity strengthening.
The current scale up of logistics activities requires augmentation of the logistics team in Mogadishu. There is need for increased coordination planning and accountability on WFP Air Operations. WFP is also providing logistical support to the government of Somalia and to the humanitarian community in facilitating storage and transportation of relief items to various locations across Somalia.
This position is open to qualified Somali candidates; female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Under the direct supervision of the Logistics Officer in charge of Air Operations and overall supervision of the Deputy Head of Logistics, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Responsible for the loading of trucks and aircrafts while checking quality and quantity of cargo;
- Timely issuance of waybills against Stock Transfer Orders using LESS system;
- Receiving of local and international shipments at Adan Ade International Airport (AAIA) and warehouse;
- Follow receiving and dispatching process and ensure that the quality and quantity of product corresponds to the supporting documentation;
- Coordination with various stakeholders i.e. AAIA warehouse staff and contractor, aircraft crew, UNHAS, FAVORI, AMISOM, UNSOS, Cooperating Partners, WFP Security, commercial contractors, government departments thus enabling smooth flow of planned activities;
- Ensure that only sound cargo with acceptable packaging is dispatched/loaded onto trucks/aircrafts;
- Ensure optimal use of the air assets on the ground and troubleshoot problems both at Mogadishu and receiving airstrips;
- Ensure airstrip clearance is obtained from WFP security/ UNDSS well ahead of planned dispatch day;
- Record keeping of airlift related documents;
- Support and perform other logistics operations in Mogadishu as required.
|Education:||Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certification in logistics, supply chain management, warehouse management is desirable.|
|Experience:||At least three years of responsible support experience in one or more of the transportations and ancillary sectors: port operations, clearing and forwarding, air operations, road transport and distribution management.|
|Language:||Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali is a requirement.|
|Knowledge & Skills:||• Knowledge of logistics, warehousing, commodity handling practices.
• Experience maintaining corporate systems and running queries on on-going shipments, pipeline information and food stock.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural work environment.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WFP seeks applicants of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
WFP is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Selection of candidates is made on a competitive basis..
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that services
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2809 total views, 4 today