Logistics officer – Wanlaweyn district, Somalia
- Job category: Logistics/Supply Chain
- Post date:22 Oct 2020
- Share job:
KAAH Relief & Development Organization Short Name: KAAH Relief Physical Address: Adan Ade Airport Road, Wadajir district, opposite UNICEF/WHO office, Mogadishu, Somalia Tel: +252615503333/+252699962373, Email: email@example.com Website: www.kaahsomalia.org
Vacancy Announcement: 22nd October 2020
Position: Logistics officer
Duration: 6 months
Location: Wanlaweyn district, Somalia
Directly reports to: Livelihood Manager
Application closing date: 1st November 2020
KAAH Relief and Development Organization abbreviated as KAAH is a National humanitarian organization working in Somalia since its establishment the year 2001. KAAH is a non-profit making organization to address and mitigate the effects of biting natural and man-made disasters and the socio-economic problems in Somalia. It is an initiative formed to resist prolonged insecurity and droughts in Somalia and the increased lack of humanitarian access and humanitarian services to victims in Somalia.
KAAH targets vulnerable beneficiaries both in urban and rural areas on life-saving activities through emergency response, recovery, livelihoods, and developmental activities. With regards to the absence of the socio-economic infrastructure and the systems of governance and institutions which led to the collapse of livelihoods and all the basic services of many communities. The organization also focuses on governance projects of peace building and development initiatives. KAAH since its inception and mutual partnerships with global development and local partners has been able to implement humanitarian protection activities in collaboration with its stakeholders.
In partnership with Somali Humanitarian Fund, KAAH is implementing livelihood program, titled ‘Improve access to food among food-insecure households in Wanlaweyn of Lower Shabelle region’. The program aims to improve access to food among food-insecure households and the provision of appropriate livelihood seasonal inputs in Wanlawayn of Lower Shabelle region. Targeting the most vulnerable people that had recently displaced as a result of the flooding. With the aim of improving their access to food through unconditional and protecting and restoring the livelihoods related to food and income sources through conditional Cash transfers.
Overall Job Purpose
Logistics officer responsible for fleet management and ensuring the Program teams are supported with all Logistic related issues. Based on an optimal knowledge and analysis of his/her area of responsibility, the Logistics Officer oversees all Logistics activities for KAAH SHF livelihood program inAfgoye district. He/she ensures that logistics systems are in place. Provides technical and operational support for purchasing, warehousing, fleet management, and transport in accordance with the KAAH’s logistics standards
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides technical and operational logistics support focusing on purchasing, warehousing, fleet management, and transport and Order management, in line with KAAH’s logistics standards
- Coordinates logistics activities, ensures proper planning within the site and clearly communicates constraints if any, in a timely manner to prevent delays
- Offers a conducive environment for both the clients and the team, ensuring that all logistics procedures are clearly communicated
- Ensures that all warehouses are well managed and organized in line with KAAH and International standards
- Follows the stipulated guidelines for all shipments (via sea/air) and ensures that all necessary procedures are adhered to and shipments received in a timely manner and in good condition
- Ensures that all transactions pertaining to receiving and dispatching and distributing goods are accurately captured in the logistics system/database and all the documentation filed accordingly
- Ensures that deliveries, transportation of goods and items, supply requests are closely monitored, and the correct documentation is used in all these transactions
- Liaises with Mogadishu office for efficient planning, dispatch and shipment of cargo and distribution
- Adheres to the tax exemption procedures and follows up on tax exemption for shipments arriving via air and sea
- Ensures that all the internal Administrative and financial procedures are strictly adhered to
- Interacts with suppliers and contractors, monitors their activities to ensure adherence to the terms stipulated in their contracts
- Maintains regular contacts with external interlocutors in the logistics field within the region
- Leads the Logistics team within the region, monitors their performance end ensures they are well equipped in terms of skills, knowledge and competencies
- Experience in fleet management and air operation activities
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Somali
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent planning, analytical, administrative, organizational, and problem-solving skills with professional capacity to handle confidential information
- Strong degree of honesty and integrity, and a solid sense of responsibility, commitment and work ethics
- Established networks and contacts with communities and other relevant parties within the operational area.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively within a team environment
- Verifiable knowledge and thorough understanding of context
- Confirmed team leadership skills and strong numerical ability
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks.
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools and utilizes these regularly in work assignments.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity.
- Facilitating teamwork and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively.
- Managing conflict, Informed and transparent decision making.
- Any other duties assigned by logistic manager.
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree in logistics & procurement management or equivalent in a related field of study
- At least three (3) years’ work experience in a similar position within supply chain and logistics management field
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Valid manual driving license
- The post is open to only Somali Nationals
Interested applicants are requested to submit their detailed CV and cover letter through the following email addresses: ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ copying ‘email@example.com’. With the subject line indicating ‘Application for the Logistics Officer Position’, on or before 1st November 2020.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1090 total views, 2 today