Macro-economic Technical Advisor – Economist – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Economist
- Post date:2 Jun 2020
- Share job:
REPUBLIC OF SOMALILAND
Ministry of Finance
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI)
Country: Republic of Somaliland
Name of the Project: Domestic Revenue Mobilization and Public Financial Capacity Strengthening Project
Project ID:P151492, TF#:TF-A0389
Assignment Title: Macro-economic Technical Advisor – Economist
Place of Assignment: Hargeisa, Somaliland
Deadline: 15 June 2020, at 4:00 PM (Hargeisa Time)
The Government of Somaliland has received Additional Financing from the World Bank towards the implementation of the Domestic Revenue Mobilization (DRM) and Public Financial Management (PFM) Capacity Strengthening Project. The overall project development objective (PDO) is to ‘strengthen systems of domestic revenue mobilization, expenditure control and accountability in Somaliland.
The GoSL therefore wishes to use part of the funds allocated under the Domestic Revenue Mobilization (DRM) and Public Financial Management (PFM) Capacity Strengthening Project to pay for the services requested in the Terms of Reference.
- Scope of Work and Responsibilities
Macro-Economic Technical Adviser will be responsible for the following: (i) Designing and constructed the macro-fiscal forecasting model for the Somaliland economy. (ii) Assisting national data assessment and analysis by; providing data gaps within the national economy and sectors. (iii) Identifying the data input and the database that would be used to solve various model’s equations (iv) identifying the uses of different deflators for different type of variables, within the overall model’s framework. (v) Obtaining, organizing and cleaning and structuring data to complete macroeconomic database development, with a substantive and statistically viable size of observations (number of time series/historical years), as well as handling higher degree of statistical reliability and efficiency. (vi) Providing technical training of the macroeconomic modelling and macroeconomic framework including forecasting and scenario analysis. (vii) he/she will perform other services detailed in the TOR.
- Selection Criteria
Selection shall be based on qualification and experience of the candidate and followed by an interview. The minimum qualification, experience and skills should include:
- MA in Economics; PhD in Economics is preferred
Experience and Skills
- At least 10 years’ experience in macroeconomic analysis and public financial management;
- Demonstrated experience developing Excel-based macroeconomic projection tools for governments;
- Training and facilitation experience in macroeconomic projection;
- Experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Fluency in English and communication skills;
- Ability to proactively seek and recommend sound policy initiatives;
- Demonstrated ability to transfer skills and knowledge to others.
- Duration of the Assignment
The duration for the assignment is 12 months, renewable based on satisfactory performance.
- The Ministry of Financenow invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested Individual Consultants must submit their Curriculum Vitae (CV)and cover letterindicating that they are qualified to perform the services. The detailed TOR will be forwarded to the applicant upon submission of application in person or by e-mail to the address below.
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs 3.14, 3.16 and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services dated July 2016 and revised in November 2017 and August 2018, (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultants Selection method set out in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations.
- Mode of submission of Applications and deadline:
The detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) for the assignment can be found at the following website: www.somalilandpfm.org or can be provided upon submission of application in person or by e-mail. The e-mail address is provided below from 8:30 to 16:00 pm Hargeisa time (Excluding public holidays).
Expressions of interest (EOI) and CV must be delivered (in person or by e-mail) in a written form in three (3) hard copies (if not by e-mail) to the address below by 15 June 2020at 4:00 pm (Hargeisa Time) – marked clearly as – Macro-economic Technical Advisor – Economist.
Domestic Revenue Mobilization and Public Financial Management Reform Coordination Unit,
Ministry of Finance, Hargeisa, Somaliland
Republic of Somaliland, Opposite of Ministry of Higher Education and Science
Email: email@example.com, and to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com cc: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1260 total views, 4 today