Maritime Security Advisor – Mogadishu, Somalia
|JSSGP TERMS OF REFERENCE|
|Post Title||Maritime Security Advisor|
|Institution and unit||Ministry of Internal Security (MOIS)|
|Name of Supervisor||Director General|
|· The Maritime Security Advisor (MSA) is the primary focal point for all maritime policing and security issues in the Ministry of Internal Security. The MOIS has a constitutional oversight role to overall internal security agencies at FGS level including the Coast Guard Federal Police, and Maritime Police Units.
· Civilian oversight, policy formulation and strategic development of the Somali Coast Guard and Somali Maritime Police Force at Federal and FMS level.
· Coordination and liaison with donors, partners and international and national counterparts in order to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of maritime security capability. Specifically, coordination with National Maritime Coordination Committee, Maritime Security and Cooperation Committee and the ONS’s Maritime Director.
· Supervision and oversight of all maritime security related training
· Development of the appropriate national legislation pertaining to all aspect of maritime security.
|· Within one month, conduct a baseline assessment and report of all maritime security capability.
· Within two months, develop a Maritime Security Strategic Plan for MOIS approval and endorsement.
· Within three months, develop a Maritime Security Institutional Development & Capacity Building Plan for MOIS approval and endorsement
· Hold Quarterly meeting of MPWG meeting
· Within six months, develop the Somali Coast Guard Strategic Plan.
|· Internal weekly report to MOIS Lead Advisor(s) on progress of previous week, and action plan for the following week.
· External monthly report to MOIS/UNDP monthly, covering project progress, milestone achievement, key issues, risks identification/assessment and risk mitigation.
|Qualifications and competencies|
|Education: University degree (BA), with a preference for international relations, strategic studies, security studies or other related degree.
Experience: A broad background of security related experience at senior levels. A minimum of one-year experience in senior positions related to law enforcement / policing and maritime security.
· IT competencies in MS Word, Email and communication tools such as WhatsApp and Zoom/or similar meeting tools.
· Fluent in written and spoken Somali. Proficient in written and spoken English
· No criminal record or evidence of any criminal or terrorist associations.
· Conscientious and self-motivated with an ability to work as a team member and on own initiative.
· Ability to work as a part of a multidisciplinary team.
· Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity.
· Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their CV along with their application letter and Certificates
Via e-mail to JSSGPjobs@gmail.com /email@example.com so no later than 20/0 1/2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
525 total views, 34 today