Market Analyst – Jigjiga, Somali Regional State of Ethiopia
- Job category: Sales/Marketing/Communication
- Post date:16 Feb 2021
- Share job:
Market Analyst for Jigjiga Hub
Development Alternative Inc (DAI)- Sharpe
Strengthening Host and Refugee Populations in Ethiopia (SHARPE) program seeks to increase economic opportunities for refugees and host communities using the market systems approach. SHARPE operates in 3 locations, Jigjiga, Dollo Ado and Gambella, with a coordinating office based in Addis Ababa. SHARPE operates in six sectors: crops, livestock, fisheries, labour, finance and aid. The programme is expected to last for 3.5 years.
Roles and responsibilities
The Market Analyst will be responsible for monitoring and analysing local markets in the SHARPE focus sectors, for helping to design and develop new partnerships and interventions and for conducting routine monitoring. The Market Analyst will work collaboratively with Addis based staff and technical advisors, helping to identify a pipeline of interventions and partnerships for SHARPE engagement using the market systems approach.
Market Systems Analysis
- Contribute to market analysis in selected sectors to identify critical and emerging constraints and opportunities within the sectors and plan potential strategic interventions in line with SHARPE’s market systems development approach and strategic priorities.
- Interview partners in both the public and private sectors to better understand their business model, how they do business, with who, who are their buyers and constraints etc
- Support the development of partnership concepts and deal notes
- Collect relevant data for intervention design and implementation.
- Facilitate business plan development for local private sector actors that SHARPE will work with in the process of stimulating markets towards local economic development.
- Monitor local markets with special focus on SHARPE sectors and keep SHARPE team updated.
- Monitor the local context from a conflict and ‘do no harm’ perspective and feed this information into SHARPE’s monitoring system.
- Ensure that all interventions are achieving inclusion targets – particularly supporting access to refugees, and to ensure that women are included in planned activities on at least an equal basis as men.
- Contribute to the development of detailed intervention work plans and budgets for each intervention
- Ensure that intervention records, data and files are up to-date and accessible for review as needed by the team.
- Identify and facilitate external support to an intervention based on needs, jointly with Thematic Leads / Senior Business Advisors
- Collect relevant data for vetting and due diligence processes. Conduct due diligence for micro-grants
- Conduct and participate in internal programme as well as stakeholder workshops
- Identify where capacity building is required by intervention partners in order to design and manage appropriate capacity building initiatives.
Partnership and Stakeholder Management
- Build and manage constructive relationships with intervention partners.
- Coordinate with local level IRC office to build and manage relationships with stakeholders, including local government, beneficiaries, and potential partners in the sector.
- Identify potential new or additional partners relevant to SHARPE sectors and interventions in line with the market and sector strategies and recommend willing partners.
Intervention Monitoring, Research and Learning
- Conduct routine monitoring visits and meetings with partners. Support monitoring visits from Addis based staff.
- Support intervention monitoring and timely reporting of credible results in line with SHARPE Logframe indicators articulated in the intervention results chains and monitoring and results measurement plan.
- Monitor inclusion targets for each intervention and their impacts upon local conflict dynamics
- Support intervention research agenda and participate in focussed research assignments, case study documentation and other early warning and verification measurement events.
- Collaborate with Partnership Management Team and Results Measurement and Learning Unit on quarterly basis to support quarterly updating of results in line with the partnership intervention progress.
- Support high quality intervention level record keeping sufficiently disaggregated to monitor outreach and inclusion of targeted beneficiaries.
- S/he will report day to day activities to the Hub Coordinator.
- Contribute to the Hub Level reporting deliverables as directed by the Hub Coordinator, including activity and intervention progress reports.
- The Market Analysts will monitor a portfolio of interventions across different sectors as a member of a Programme Management Team (PMT) and report on progress to the PMT
The Market Analyst will be based in Jigjiga and require regular travel to Addis Ababa and within Ethiopia as needed.
- 4 years of relevant experience with First degree in Management, Economics or related fields
- Experience with market systems and/or with refugees a must.
- Experience in the local region preferred
- Significant monitoring and partnership management experience
- Experience working with the private sector and/or developing business plans
- NGO experience is a plus
- Basic managerial skills. Experience in facilitating business plan development
- Stakeholder engagement and facilitation skills
- Ability to build relationships and understand stakeholder needs
- Technical and report writing skills
- Computer literate.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements should fill the APPLICATION FORM
Note: Failure to fill the form will result in immediate disqualification of the application
Please make sure you state the position you are applying for on the subject of your email.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
295 total views, 2 today