Marketing Manager – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Sales/Marketing/Communication
- Post date:30 May 2020
- Share job:
Position: Marketing Manager
Reporting to: Commercial Manager
Location: Hargeisa, Somaliland
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Marketing Manager to join our growing company. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing marketing and sales activities of the organization and carries out market researches with the collaboration of commercial manager.
Sompower was incorporated in 2016, with main objectives to provide affordable, safe, and reliable electricity services to the people of Somaliland. For the last decade, Sompower has slowly involved from more than 39 small utility companies that used to operate Hargeisa’s electricity since 1990’s. Currently, it is the largest electricity provider in Somaliland with the generation, transmission and distribution facilities spanning from the capital city of Hargeisa and western regions in Somaliland (Gebilley, Wajale&Arabsia). Sompower has implemented different renewable energy projects like Solar and wind.With this unique background, Sompower envisions to continue to shape the electricity industry of the country for the better of the country’s businesses, investment landscape and for all citizens by modernizing its facilities and way of conducting business in Somaliland.
The marketing manager will be responsible for managing sales and marketing activities, prepare marketing plan,marketing strategy,carries out market researches to gain clear understanding on what anorganization’s customer really wants and prepare reports.
Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesInclude to:
- Accomplish marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, and sales promotion programs; developing branch sales action plans.
- Plan and manage the marketing and sales activities of the branches.
- Plan and prepare advertising and promotional material to increase sales by working with customers, company managers, and advertising agencies.
- Assist branch Managers and coordinators to achieve sales targets.
- Collect, Analyze,summarizesales data trend and provide reports to the Commercial Manager and the CEO.
- Stay up-to-date on current market trends.
- Create content for press releases, and keynote presentations.
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis.
- Identify business opportunities and customer requirements.
- Handle and solve customer complaints.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure the CRM works effectively for all aspects of the company.
- Plan and deliver customer relation strategies which encourages customer loyalty and promote with existing customers retention
- Develop detailed marketing strategies and contributing heavily to the development of an annual marketing plan and sales target for each branch.
- Develop and implement marketing techniques that will drive new customers
- Set specific marketing strategies to retain customers
- Plan and manage multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Suggest new methods to address customers’ needs
- Assist with organizing promotional events to reach prospective customers
- Conduct market research to follow trends and competition.
Qualifications and Job Requirements
- Relevant MA/MBA or equivalent qualification with a focus on marketing and sales
- Good knowledge and experience with data analysis and reporting
- 8+ years of experience in a Marketing and Sales Position
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional time management and ability to problem solve under pressure
- Results-driven personality eager to partner with upper management to organize, plan and achieve company objectives
How to Apply
Applicantswho meet the above requirement should submit their CVs with application letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is 10th June 2020 at 6:00pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2527 total views, 4 today