M&E Officer – Wanlaweyn district, Somalia
- Job category: Monitoring & Evaluation
- Post date:22 Oct 2020
- Share job:
KAAH Relief & Development Organization Short Name: KAAH Relief Physical Address: Adan Ade Airport Road, Wadajir district, opposite UNICEF/WHO office, Mogadishu, Somalia Tel: +252615503333/+252699962373, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.kaahsomalia.org
Vacancy Announcement: 22nd October 2020
Position: M&E officer
Duration: 6 months
Location: Wanlaweyn district, Somalia
Directly reports to: Livelihood Manager
Application closing date: 1st November 2020
KAAH Relief and Development Organization abbreviated as KAAH is a National humanitarian organization working in Somalia since its establishment the year 2001. KAAH is a non-profit making organization to address and mitigate the effects of biting natural and man-made disasters and the socio-economic problems in Somalia. It is an initiative formed to resist prolonged insecurity and droughts in Somalia and the increased lack of humanitarian access and humanitarian services to victims in Somalia.
KAAH targets vulnerable beneficiaries both in urban and rural areas on life-saving activities through emergency response, recovery, livelihoods, and developmental activities. With regards to the absence of the socio-economic infrastructure and the systems of governance and institutions which led to the collapse of livelihoods and all the basic services of many communities. The organization also focuses on governance projects of peace building and development initiatives. KAAH since its inception and mutual partnerships with global development and local partners has been able to implement humanitarian protection activities in collaboration with its stakeholders.
In partnership with Somali Humanitarian Fund, KAAH is implementing livelihood program, titled ‘Improve access to food among food-insecure households in Wanlaweyn of Lower Shabelle region’. The program aims to improve access to food among food-insecure households and the provision of appropriate livelihood seasonal inputs in Wanlawayn of Lower Shabelle region. Targeting the most vulnerable people that had recently displaced as a result of the flooding. With the aim of improving their access to food through unconditional and protecting and restoring the livelihoods related to food and income sources through conditional Cash transfers.
Overall Job Purpose
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is responsible for quality monitoring and ensuring high-quality delivery of the and for ensuring that the project maintains its objectives and the feedback & CRM is utilized to the maximum level.
The M&E Officer will assist the unit in the management of food security programme monitoring and evaluation. The officer will work closely Project/Program staff and HQ M&E staff to ensure that all M&E activities are carried out in an efficient and timely fashion. The officer will assist the M&E staff in project activity monitoring, documentations, data collection, analysis as well as database management and dissemination relevant information. The officer will work hand in hand with field teams and stakeholders on all programme monitoring and evaluation activities & ensure that monitoring visits are meaningful and capture data sought and feed into management decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Project Planning
- Assist in organizing and conducting training, including M&E workshops.
- Participate project specific needs assessment in conjunction with needs assessment teams;
- Participate in the production of project and programme log frames;
- Participate in incorporating lessons learned in concept notes, proposals and project management plans; and
- Assist programme and sector-specific field team to develop systematic and effective project specific M&E plans in keeping with NIS’ Global and Project M&E Guidelines.
- Project Monitoring/Quality & Reporting
- Ensure that programme field activities and events meet minimum NIS standards in their delivery and planning.
- Engage with IPs to collect and manage essential data of their respective projects
- Assist in developing the overall framework of the projects’ monitoring activities
- Ensure quality of data collected by partners
- Update project result frameworks/logframe indicator values on weekly basis
- Provide feedback to partners and programme teams on projects’ performance based on monitoring data findings.
- Establish a secure file storage system (hard and soft) for all data collected
- Participate community/beneficiary selection processes and training & Conduct spot checks in community engagements, beneficiaries and stakeholders to ensure inclusions and accountability
- Assist in documenting case studies and success stories (written & audio) for specific project component & the overall program.
- Contribute progress reports and final reports to ensure that reports are accurate, clear, properly formatted and on time;
- Conduct site visits / site monitoring and submit report with clear findings & recommendations
- Develop & manage a monitoring database for all projects and assist project staff in extracting graphic reporting information from the database and incorporating it in reports.
- Project Evaluation
- Identify, train and manage the network of enumerators and interviewers in all project areas;
- Determines issues with data collection tools in the field and recommends to the M&E Unit improvements thereof
- Assist in conducting baseline and endline assessments and ensure that they happen in a timely fashion for all projects;
- Organize and lead focus group discussions and conduct interviews for purposes in real time
- Assist in developing survey questionnaires and KIIs
- Brief enumerators and interviewers (or external evaluator) on the project and data collection tools;
- Ensure quality and reliability of survey data collected;
- Ensure receipt of and review transcribed and translated KII data collected;
- Assist in conducting Real Time Evaluations
- Project Learning
- Share learning from M&E process with the wider team
- Support partners in improving learning and sharing mechanisms in their projects
- Promote culture of two-way learning in the organization
- Document lessons learned from the field and extract from reports and presentations and document them in the Lessons Learned Database;
- Disseminate lessons learned and best practices among NIS Somalia and HQ staff;
- Assesses project performance to identify success factors and incorporates best practices into project work.
- Research linkages across programme activities to identify critical points of integration.
- Monitors specific stages of projects/programme implementation.
- Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things.
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks.
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools and utilizes these regularly in work assignments.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity.
- Facilitating teamwork and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively.
- Managing conflict, Informed and transparent decision making.
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelors’ Degree in development, economics, public administration, social sciences, or any other related field.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in the design, implementation and management of livelihood recovery and development programmes.
- Experience in post-conflict and early recovery contexts.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with Government, community leadership and other development partners.
- Written and oral fluency in English.
- The post is open to only Somali Nationals
- Female applicants are encouraged
Interested applicants are requested to submit their detailed CV and cover letter through the following email addresses: ‘email@example.com’ copying ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’. With the subject line indicating ‘Application for the M&E Position’, on or before 1st November 2020.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1159 total views, 4 today