MEAL Data Management officer – ECHO EIE Consortium – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Monitoring & Evaluation
- Post date:14 Sep 2021
- Share job:
TITLE: MEAL Data Management officer – ECHO EIE Consortium Mogadishu – Somali-National only
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Research Evaluation accountability Learning and Monitoring (REALM)|||LOCATION: Mogadishu with travel to the field offices as required|
|GRADE: 4||POST TYPE: National|
|CONTRACT LENGTH: 19 months (1st October 2021 – 31st May 2023)|
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
To provide technical support on Information Management system to ECHO EIE consortium project team and members. Save the Children, in consortium with ADRA are Save the Children, with partner Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA), have been implementing a 21 Months (01st August 2021– 30th May 2023) action which aims to increase IDP children’s access to quality, protective education and build resilience of children affected by displacement due to disaster and conflict in Jubaland, Hirshabbelle and South West States of Somalia. Access to quality education will be facilitated by addressing identified barriers such as societal gender norms, financial constraints, fear of attacks on education and distress endured by the upheaval from both conflict and disaster. To address these barriers SCI and ADRA will undertake targeted enrollment campaigns and provide financial support for IDP students transitioning into public schools. Quality of teaching and learning will be a strong focus supported through the inclusion of professional development programme, instruction and learning processes, assessment of learning outcomes and peer to peer teacher support to ensure teachers are fully equipped for their role.
Under the strategic direction of the ECHO EiE MEAL, the role of the MEAL Data Management officer is to establish and implement the data-platform systems for education in emergency and to promote evidence-based decision-making, programme and project performance, and internal management. The Information Management Officer will contribute to quality programming through supporting access to and use of relevant and timely information on programme scale, relevance, and effectiveness. The main purpose of the position is to assist the Consortium MEAL Coordinator in ensuring effective capacity building of staff, development, maintenance, management, compilation and analysis of the information while ensuring that IM requirements are adequately addressed, including data collection, storage, analysis, dissemination tools and procedures. While the Consortium MEAL Coordinator will be responsible on the day to day of learning, the MEAL Data Management officer will be responsible for day-to-day management of the data platform, data collection, data visualization and primary analysis.
|SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Consortium MEAL Coordinator – EiE Consortium (but working closely with the MEAL Team and the Programe Director).
Dimensions: Save the Children Somalia is leading a education in emergency consortium with ADRA, funded by ECHO and the position holder is expected to work with staff from other partner organisations in delivering MEAL requirements.
Staff directly reporting to this position: None.
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
· Adherence to SCI policies, guidance and procedures.
· Support and contribute to the development and implementation of the Consortium M&E system, including M&E SOPs, guidance and tools with a strong focus trainings and capacity building of staff in the field.
· Lead on the consortium’s dashboarding projects, including database management, data cleaning, dashboard development, data visualization, and training of Members on the use of dashboards
· Participate in programme design and proposal discussions, including theory of change development, log frame design and budgeting for M&E.
· Support programme staff in planning for and executing M&E, including, data collection methodology and tools and data management, analysis and use.
· Deliver optimal and appropriate ICT solutions contributing to the consortium adaptive management approach
· Contribute to developing and coordinating the Consortium’s information systems.
· Train and support the consortium members and other stakeholders as they use the information systems.
· Create and maintain databases and spreadsheets that meet operational requirements.
· Archive and backup database systems; ensure security of databases; perform database administrator functions.
· Maintain and ensure the continuity of the information systems
· Represent SCI in relevant forums based on thematic areas as assigned by line manager
· Perform other relevant tasks as assigned by the line Manager.
· Prepare and maintain an IM strategy, in consultation with the consortium members. The strategy must include the internal management of information including; document management, flows of information and discovery of data/information within SCI
· Develop database system
· Ensure high quality and harmonized data is collected by setting up tools according to programme and M&E requirements and providing appropriate and timely training to the teams.
· Ensure data is cleaned and made available for internal consumption by the Consortium Members to inform decision making
· Lead the transition to online reporting for EiE Consortium project MEAL data
· Supporting the roll-out of new applications, as well as the training in existing applications and online systems
· Acts as a mentor for the Consortium Members and provide expert guidance on relevant functional and technical matters
· Develop alert systems related to programme results
· Contribute to the creation, development and sharing of relevant results oriented material ( info graphic dashboards, factsheets, website and newsletters)
· Troubleshooting system problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults Set up new users’ accounts and profiles, emails and dealing with password issues
· Capacity building of partner MEAL team for database management (SCI and ADRA).
Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child safeguarding policy, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
|BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks.
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
|EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
· Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
· Fluency in English, both written and verbal; excellent communication skills in English with experience working in multicultural, multi location, values driven teams.
· Hands on experience in server installations and configurations
· Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, support and implement technical solutions at all levels
· Ability to develop online database system
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Ability to Manage the entire spectrum of information technology operations
· Proven presentation, training and facilitation skills, with the demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring, capacity building and other formal and non-formal methods.
|Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from any form of abuse.
|Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2026 total views, 2 today