MEAL Manager (International Role)- Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Monitoring & Evaluation
- Post date:1 Jun 2021
- Job expires in: 3 days
- Share job:
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The post holder will provide expert technical support to the program operations team in Somalia. S/he will effectively lead and coordinate all Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning activities for all projects under his/her portfolio to meet programme quality standards. S/He will provide M&E technical coordination and support to all Food and Cash projects across all operational regions in Somalia. The position holder will:
- Ensure quality programs are designed and implemented based on WVI and industry standards (on-time, on-budget, based proven models and on-quality targets) as well as develop other tools to improve the quality of programming and performance measurement Monitor and ensure program and project reports demonstrate the impact of services delivered on the lives of beneficiaries Lead in research, monitoring and evaluation processes at the regional level. The position-holder will work closely with Technical Team, Program Development, Grants Finance, and Accountability teams. S/He will take primary responsibility for quality of measurement, and donor reporting within his/her portfolio.
- Manage project databases and knowledge management resources for the portfolio assigned to him/her Support Humanitarian Accountability (HA) initiatives in the region with technical support from the MEAL manager responsible for HA.
- Provide M&E technical coordination and support to all Food and Cash projects across all operational regions in Somalia.
Program Design and Quality:
- Ensure all programs and projects integrate various lines of ministry objectives/outcomes, and foster field level integration in implementation, monitoring and reporting.
- Ensure appropriate use of analysis, design and planning tools such as ADAPT, PE review to enhance programming quality.
- Ensure appropriate project models/proven practices that align to WV SOM Technical Approaches are applied in programs and projects designed.
- Ensure lessons learnt and innovation feature in new project design.
- Mentor field teams in all facets of proposal development, ensuring quality narrative, log frame development, ITT and budget development.
- Spearhead the development and monitoring of regional strategy for the region assigned.
- Develop and maintain tools to promote on-time, on-target, impactful project and program implementation; and track timely implementation and reporting of program and project plans.
- Coordinate regular program review meetings to facilitate dialogue and learning on project/program Implementation.
- Support the regional team in reviewing management reports as well as other M&E reports to ensure validated M&E data and M&E compliance with recommended guidelines, formats, and standards.
- Compile graded summary reports and develop summary reports of key findings and learning.
Project Reporting, including Capacity Building &Quality Control:
- Review field-level project reports, ensuring the highest level of technical rigor.
- Track project reporting deadlines, ensuring timely information provided to support excellence in reporting.
- Track performance of programs in the regions against their ME Events Calendar and provide regular updates on progress to the QA & Strategy Manager & the Regional Operations Manager.
- Mentor field-level staff in report writing, ensuring full information provision in support of donor and WV compliance; (Guide staff in preparing progress reports in accordance with approved reporting formats and ensure their timely submission. This includes monthly reports, quarterly progress reports, annual project reports, inception reports).
- Develop/implement monitoring tools to capture project/program impact.
- He/she will provide broader capacity building and oversight on the same for all other projects within the portfolio assigned, ensuring that all support provided to programs are of the highest technical rigor, with demonstrated impact for donors, government and beneficiaries.
- Ensure excellence in the Monthly Management Reporting preparation.
- He/she will also ensure lessons learnt are documented, shared with PDQA, and applied in current and future projects within the assigned region, and that community feedback and complaints within projects are registered and responded to in a timely manner.
- Foster participatory planning and monitoring by engaging cluster staff in the M&E of activities.
- Oversee and execute M&E activities included in the Annual Work Plan, with particular focus on results and impacts as well as in lesson learning.
- Undertake regular visits to the field to support the implementation of M&E and to identify where adaptations might be needed.
- Support project teams in assessment and evaluation exercises, developing tools, undertaking quality control and contributing to analysis of program data and periodic reports from different technical projects into periodic management reports usable by Technical Project Managers, Senior Management, Senior Leadership and other WV entities.
- Provide training for field staff in basic skills, concepts, and approaches in proposal writing, project planning and management, monitoring and evaluation, participatory approaches and transformational development to help enhance the knowledge and skills of field staff in these aspects.
- Support Program teams in the regions in the full adoption of WV partnership DME standards.
- Coach technical officers, program managers and field level staff in delivering an effective program M&E system.
- Coach and mentor ME and other program staff to accelerate learning and adoption of recommended ME methodologies and approaches.
- Develop a mentoring program for regional staff aimed at enhancing their capacity and skills to assume increased M&E and programming responsibilities.
Food and Cash M&E Technical Leadership:
- The position will oversee M&E technical support to all NO food and cash programming across all regions including development and implementation of Food and Cash M&E guidelines and standards.
- Develop assessment, monitoring and evaluation guidance for all food and cash projects. To ensure standardization of the tools and reporting templates generated in all food and cash projects.
- Ensure that all projects in the food and cash sector are appropriately (according to WV standards) and timely monitored and the results utilized to improve programming and reporting purposes
- Ensure projects in the food and cash assistance sector are periodically evaluated, lessons documented and recommendations made for management action.
- Build regional M&E capacity of staff in food and cash programming through training, coaching and mentoring.
- Work closely with the WVS cash working group representative to allow sharing and implementation of ideas and innovation emerging in the food and cash sector in relevant projects.
External Engagement, Collaboration and Coordination:
- Participate in relevant engagement with government ministries in support of coordination and, where possible, collaboration in assessment, monitoring and evaluation effort.
- Scope field-level opportunities in support of fund-raising efforts.
- Foster engagement with UN/NGOs in support of joint-planning, information-sharing and collaboration.
- Develop project/program overviews in support of fund-raising and visibility.
- Mentor field level teams in the development of Impact and Success Stories.
- Mentor staff in the preparation of external reporting formats, ensuring the highest technical quality and timeliness (4W, government reporting).
Research, Knowledge Management and Learning:
- Support regions in documenting and disseminating innovations and new research findings related to ME.
- Synthesize and summarize trends in-regional monitoring and evaluations.
- Provide meaningful data summaries and visualization to demonstrate result to the NO and clusters on the contribution each of the program in regions is performing.
- Design and implement a system to identify, analyze, document and disseminate lessons learned.
- Conduct meta-evaluation of all completed program evaluations to establish key learning and recommendations to inform future evaluations and programming.
- Promote and facilitate processes for identifying, documenting and disseminating good ME practices in the region.
- Lead Quarterly Review Meetings, ensuring excellence in preparation and capture of strategic actions.
- Ensure Humanitarian Accountability framework is rolled out and implemented in all projects. Ensure project teams are mentored in developing and implementing accountability mechanisms for their project in line with WVS/partnership and HAP guidelines.
- Promote awareness of Programme Accountability Guidelines with internal and external stakeholders in Somalia.
- Support project and program level assessments to establish appropriate feedback mechanisms.
- Provide technical guidance to project teams in the establishment of project and program level accountability mechanisms.
- Ensure that program information is properly packaged and delivered to communities in compliance with World Vision Somalia information sharing guidelines.
- Manage regional level accountability mechanism, including capture, analysis and reporting of HA issues in Somalia.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to accountability focal points in Somalia.
- Monitor and report community engagements in project implementation aimed at strengthening project ownership and improve accountability.
- Monitor project level implementation of accountability and offer technical guidance to project teams.
- Collate, analyze and disseminate Programme accountability data to help in management decision-making processes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A minimum of a Bachelor degree acceptable but Master’s degree in relevant technical field preferred (Monitoring & Evaluation, Agricultural Sciences/ Public health/ humanitarian protection/ international development/ International relations,).
- Professional technical skill desired: DM&E training with practical experience of at least 5 years, Humanitarian standards (SPHERE), specific training on donor reporting requirements, Security training.
- Experience of working and living in developing or fragile contexts.
- Demonstrated, superior project cycle management skills, including the ability to plan, track progress, match activity plans with budgets, and follow donor regulations.
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills.
- Experience: At least 5 years of experience in the field of development issues, humanitarian emergency affairs, preferably with experience in developing countries.
- Exceptional English languages skills, particularly writing skills.
- Computer skills with data analysis packages as SPSS, STATA, Excel, ACCESS.
- Ability to apply IT and mobile platforms for M&E.
- Presentation skills and experience in delivering M&E training programmes for teams.
- Understanding of WVI DME framework.
- Must adhere to set security standards.
- Ability to ensure a gender perspective in the scope of work.
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexibility and emotional maturity.
- Ability to exhibit exemplary life style as interpreted in specific local cultural context.
- Ability to perform other duties as required.
- The position requires the ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2227 total views, 17 today