MFA Finland – Communication / Visibility Content Gathering consultant – Baidoa, Somalia
- Job category: Consultancy
- Post date:19 Nov 2020
- Job expires in: 7 days
- Share job:
|Type of Service||MFA Finland – Communication / Visibility Content Gathering consultant|
|Send documents to||CSS.LOGISTICS@savethechildren.org|
|1||Title of Consultancy||MFA Finland – Communication / Visibility Content Gathering consultant|
|2||SCI Contracting Office||Save the Children – South Central Somalia Area Office|
|3||Period of Consultancy||17 days|
|4||Consultant type required||Local Firm/ individual with in Somalia|
|5||Responsibility for Logistics arrangements and Costs||The consultant will cover his/her travel/ admin and travel arrangement|
|6||Taxation Provisions||Consultant shall be responsible for all Taxes arising from the consultancy in line with the local Tax regulations applicable at the SCI contracting office named above|
|7||Travel requirements||The consultant (s) May required to travel within baidoa|
|8||Security requirements||Consultant will comply with standard Save the Children Security procedures, including the completion of SCI online security training prior to travel to Somalia|
|9||Qualification and Experience||
|10||Evaluation Criteria||Compliance with Consultancy requirement
– Provision of required information & documents; responsiveness to ToR’s
– Qualifications and general experience of the individual/team
– Proven specific experience in performing similar assignments especially in Somalia.
Adequacy of Work Plan & Methodology
– Methodology and techniques to be applied well stipulated
– Clear description of tasks in their Scope of Work
Bidder’s Price Quotation
|11||Application Procedure||Interested consultants should submit their applications via email to email@example.com
The applications should be submitted in PDF format as one document comprising Technical and Financial sections as detailed below.
a) Technical proposal – including but not limited to :
b) Consultants understanding of the assignment and context
c) Approach to the assignment
h) Key staff biodata
i) Financial proposal – providing a breakdown of all charges related to the assignment.
j) An inception report elaborating the draft work plan. The inception report should include detailed and comprehensive tools and techniques to be used in capturing the information required/consultations.
Applicants should also indicate the date they are available to start working on the consultancy
All applications MUST be submitted on or before the closing date below to be considered for the assignment.
|12||Closing date for Applications||Interested consultants shall submit their applications through the email address provided below on or before 2nd December 2020 at 10:00AM
Shortlisted candidates will be requested for an interview.
|13||Terms of Reference (ToR)||Complete ToR with details appended below attached herewith as Annex 1.
ANNEX 1 : Consultancy Terms of Reference
Save the Children Somalia has been supporting the most vulnerable families in 14 drought and conflict affected internally displaced people’s (IDP) camps and host communities in Baidoa, Somalia by addressing their urgent basic needs to prevent further food insecurity, malnutrition, poor health and gender-based violence (GBV).
In 2019, under Finland’s Ministry of foreign affairs funded project, a monthly cash transfer via mobile phone (USD 50 per month) was provided for 4 months to the most vulnerable 1,725 households targeting only 11 IDP camps and host community in Baidoa.
For 2020 a monthly cash transfer (USD 50 per month) will be provided for 8 months to 1,400 households starting in May 2020 (targeting only 8 IDP camps and host community particularly Allamagan disability umbrella)
The cash transfers has been linked to awareness raising on child feeding, appropriate care practices, prevention and response to violence and abuse. Child protection activities focus on provision of case management support to individual children and their families with serious and urgent child protection needs. Children are receiving support to build their resilience to better address risks and stress they were facing, and caregivers, community groups, community leaders and service providers has been trained to prevent and respond to child protection issues.
2.0 Objective(s) of the assignment:
The objective of the assignment is to document (visual content – videos, photos and stories) the contribution of MFA Project, implemented by Save the Children, in addressing the most immediate needs of Somali children and their families. The content will reflect the needs on the ground and the impact it has on the lives children, their families, communities and the wider public.
Specifically the aim is to:
- To highlight the key issues and problems families face(d).
- The support/services the families received.
- The impact the MFA Finland supported projects have had on the communalities.
3.0 Scope of Work:
To consultant bring the human stories, images, videos and the lives of the children, their families and communities we work with to the forefront. This work must use the latest technology to explore the human experience and interaction with the project in order to build awareness on: This should be communicated in the words of children, their families and the community, through their individual stories, linked together to tell one cohesive story that makes the larger picture clear to an international audience. Children’s voices must be featured in the story line, bringing their experience to the forefront.
Specifically the consultant shall:
- Develop overall concept and scenario for case.
- Develop the documentary script and story board to be used in filming and production of the documentary and case studies.
- Conduct field visits of the project area and interview key stakeholders including beneficiaries, local leader, government official and project staff.
- Present a draft content to Save the Children for review/comments.
- Incorporate the comment and produce final content.
The content produced will be shared externally with community members, government, members and donors. It will also be used on the organization’s online platforms and website for information sharing and advocacy objectives.
The consultant will be thoroughly briefed on Save the Children’s child safeguarding requirements and will sign a child safeguarding policy prior to commencing work. While in communities and gathering footage, images and stories, the consultant will be required to inform all those captured visually of the intended audience for the final product and gain their permission (consent form) to use their moving or still image for this purpose.
4.0 Expected Deliverables / Outputs:
- At least two minutes short videos which will have to be in a script form, highlighting individual stories of beneficiaries from the project in target locations.
- Two social media version videos not more than 90 secs.
- Three success stories/case studies written from first person point of view. All stories should show detailed impact of the project on targeted beneficiaries.
- One well prepared feature story that best fits online platforms and that can possibly be shared with the media for republication and circulation.
- 50 images that are of high quality, well edited ( without changing the message of the story) and with clear captions in Jpeg format, precisely showing the location, activities undertaken by the subject, direct quotes of the subject or facts and figures about the intervention and the project.
- Signed consent forms for each person who appears prominently in shot. For group shots please refer to Save the Children image guidelines – you do not necessarily need a consent form for individuals in a group/ crowd shot. When all is done make sure to leave behind a form for the individuals in the story or photograph, in case the subject need to contact Save the Children if there should be any concern.
- Produce a work log to keep track of stories / detailed contributor information including list of name changes when relevant
4.1 Content Collection – Notes for All Shoots
- Shooting video: concentrate on steady shots (horizontal!), held for 20 seconds each, showing what we are actually doing, a mixture of close ups and ‘establishing’ shots.
- Focus on in-depth case studies, with emotion when appropriate. A wide edit of photos with detailed captions with strong quotes (essential).
- Integrated content (photos, film and case study including quotes) from the same child, parent or staff member.
- Children’s stories are the priority. We like to show need and impact in the same story.
Upon the completion of the assignment, the service providers should submit footage, photos and any other documents created within the assignment to Save the Children. This includes but not limited to original copies of the consent, project files in FCP or Adobe format and all text in word document version including transcript of interviews conducted during the assignment.
Final content produced MUST follow Save the Children branding guidelines and meets the quality expectations of Save the Children.
5.0 Requirements / Selection Criteria:
- At least four years of experience in documentation, videography and photography production in development and humanitarian contexts.
- A strong creative vision and styling that appeals to a global audience, with experience in capturing and editing videography for international consumption.
- Samples of previous work undertaken by the consultant to as proof of creative vision and style.
- The consultant is expected to cover their own insurance costs.
- Ability to work at Save the Children offices in Mogadishu or Baidoa, as required to meet the expected deliverables listed below.
6.0 Activity Timelines:
The assignment will be carried out in Baidoa for a period of 17 days
7.0 Reporting / Lead Persons:
The consultant will directly report to the Advocacy, Campaigns, Communication and Media Manager with support from the Head of Advocacy, Campaigns, Communication and Media.
Selected consultant will travel to Baidoa in Southern States.
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The minimum required documents;
- Technical proposal clearly capturing the approach and methodology
- Financial proposal
- Past similar experience – please attach previous stamped contract and online assignments completion
- Relevant CVS of the lead consultants
- Firm/ individual profile
interested applicants should submit the minimum required documents with email; CSS.LOGISTICS@savethechildren.org with the subject line of the email body, Communication / Visibility Content Gathering consultant’’
Applications will close by 10:00AM on 2nd December 2020
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
909 total views, 7 today