Midwife – Heliwa – SOS Hospital
- Job category: Health/WASH
- Post date:3 Mar 2020
- Job expires in: Expired
- Share job:
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Currently works in Banadir and Bay/Bakool Regions.
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below one Position
Job Title: Midwife
Location: Heliwa – SOS Hospital
Midwives are expected to provide advice, care and support for women and their partners and families before, during and after childbirth. They help women make their own decisions about the care and services they access. They care for newborn children, providing health education and parenting support. Midwifes are personally responsible for the health of both mother and child and only refer to obstetricians if there are medical complications. They work in multidisciplinary teams in both hospital and, increasingly, community healthcare settings.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
This job description outlines only the general scope of activity and the basic tasks and responsibilities associated with this position. It may be supplemented with a more detailed definition of tasks and responsibilities and is subject to change at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing full antenatal care, including screening tests in the clinic, community and at home;
- identifying high risk pregnancies and making referrals to doctors and other medical specialists;
- Arranging and providing parenting and health education for the woman, her partner and family members;
- Encouraging participation of family members in the birth to support the mother and enhance both mother/baby bonding and family relationships;
- Providing counselling and advice before and after screening;
- Offering support and advice following events such as miscarriage, termination, stillbirth, neonatal abnormality and neonatal death;
- Supervising and assisting mothers in labour, monitoring the condition of the foetus and using knowledge of drugs and pain management;
- Giving support and advice on the daily care of the baby, including breast feeding, bathing and making up feeds;
- Providing advice and guidance on a safe and timely transfer home; liaising with agencies and other health and social care professionals to ensure continuity of care;
- Engaging in professional development to meet PREP (post-registration education and practice) requirements;
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Midwifery.
- 2 years’ experience as midwife, and having worked in delivery/maternity unit.
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV, clear subject line and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email email@example.com
This position is only open to SOS Staff with relevant experience & qualifications including Interns & volunteers.
Closing date: 14th March 2020
Competent Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
3619 total views, 9 today