Mobile Data Collection Training using Kobo toolbox and XLS forms (Online) – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Education
- Post date:28 Dec 2020
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
Mobile Data Collection Training using Kobo toolbox and XLS forms (online)
OUR VISION STATEMENT
QARAN Research and Training Center is established to offer the best research and training service and aspires to be a leading institution in manpower empowerment through continuous quality capacity development trainings.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
To deliver capacity building programs for the labor force with the aim of maximizing their chances of achieving their career aspirations.
ABOUT THE CENTER
The Qaran Research and Training Center is a professional institution created to support research and quality practical trainings that improve the employability of the workforce in Somaliland and other resource-limited settings across the greater of Horn of Africa. We achieve this through designing and implementing innovative and well-informed trainings; ranging from M and E, Project management, HR and logistics and Research processes. We aspire to reduce high unemployment in the region through high quality mentoring, rigorous interventions and strong collaborations.
Currently, we are offering professional short courses which are great eye-opened opportunity for wide range of audience including NGO staff, government officials and unemployed persons and fresh graduates willing to advance their sought-after skills or looking decent and deserved jobs. As part of this programme, our Training on Mobile Data Collection: Kobo toolbox– which is first of its kind in Somaliland-were scheduled to kick off in the first week of January in 2021.Around 400 trainees have already benefited from our previous various trainings both in class and online classes (about of these 20% females). Some of these former trainees have landed decent jobs at INGOs due to knowledge and skills gained from our trainings. Please see below the complete training outlines.
KoBoToolbox is a suite of tools for field data collection for use in challenging environments. The software is free and open source. It allows data collection using Android enabled mobile devices and data submission to an online server. This training will equip the participants with skills to develop, implement and manage mobile data collection platform using Kobo Toolbox
WHO WILL FACILITATE THE TRAINING?
The course facilitator has around 9 consecutive years of Monitoring and Evaluation, Data analysis and Research experience at different organizations including Save the Children International, World Vision International, Health Poverty Action (formerly known as Health Unlimited) and Caritas Switzerland and Luxemburg among others. His primary area of focus revolves around: development and implementation of the project Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) systems; taking the lead on the compilation and analysis of program data and learning; designing and conducting research; Setting-up and implementing accountability mechanism. In addition to his hands-on experience on this field, he is the only known well-versed practitioner in Somali speaking countries pursuing his final dissertation on Master’s Degree Programme in Monitoring and Evaluation at Mount Kenya University. He also did his Bachelor of degree in Statistics and Mathematics with distinction at University of Hargeisa.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS COURSE?
This course primarily targets at MEAL managers and E officers and MEAL Assistants with limited mobile data collection skills. In addition, another target group of this training are researchers and project staff with good exposure to data and development practitioners who are involved in field data collection activities.
THE TRAINING DURATION
This is month-long training with 3 full hours of 100% practical sessions for each day with following details: Course registration deadline is on 9th January 2021 and course training dates are between 9th of January and 9th of February 2021. This is completely online training with all lectures video recorded for distant learners.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a participatory and completion certificate.
The training will enable participants to:
- Create survey forms using Build or XLSForms
- Set up Form Builder, Kobo Collect and KoboToolbox
- Upload forms to KoboToolbox server
- Load forms into Kobo Collect on an Android device
- Use Kobo Collect to fill out forms with field participants
- Upload survey data from Kobo Collect to KoboToolbox server
- Analyze and export data to excel for customized analysis
DETAILED TRAINING CONTENTS:
Module one: Introduction to Mobile Data Collection
- Intro to merits mobile data collection system
- The most common data collection platforms: KoBO toolbox collect and ODK
- demystifying question type styles forming a questionnaire
Module two: Introduction to Kobo Toolbox and Set up
- Components of KoboToolbox
- Kobo Form builder
- KoboToolbox server
- KoBoCollect Installation from google play to your device
- Manual installation of KoBoCollect
- KoBoCollect Menus and Settings
- Designing forms online using Formbuilder
- Uploading forms to KoboToolBox Server
Module three: Designing and Creating form using XLS form
- Introduction to XLSForm
- Components of XLSForm
- Question types
- Form Logic, styling, language
- Form operators and functions
- Constraints, Skips, repeats,appearance and Required
- Form validation criteria
- Uploading form to KoboToolBox Server
Module four: Using Kobo Collect for field data collection and Data Management
- Filling forms in KoBoCollect
- Managing forms in KoBoCollect
- Collecting different types of data
- Submitting data to KoboToolBox Server
- Downloading data in XLS
- Formatting data for further analysis using statistical applications
Module five: Visualizing Geographic Data
- Exporting GPS Coordinates to Google maps
- Understanding basic analysis done by kobo tool box
- Analyze and export data to excel for customized analysis
COURSES APPLICATION PROCESS (ENTRY REQUIREMENTS)
- In case you need further details about course or any else, kindly feel free to reach us at or +252634113969 or whatup text.
- We record video lectures of courses which are intended to online trainees in Somalia (Muqdisho, Garowe, Kismayo, Baido and many more others )
- The offline class will be held in our Hargeisa Training Hall( North of -Hayat Diagnostic center, Near Idam School)
- Pay the course fee which is only 45 dollars covering all training related costs
- Training participants should take their laptop computers with them during training sessions
- Payment modes: deposit at Zaad Edahab 4113969 or Dahabshil account HRG 32342 before course deadline.
- A group of three persons who will be attending a same course at time will have a discount of 17%.
- Course registration deadline is on 9th of January 2021 and the learning will take one full month for online participants
- Follow throught this link to get register:https://ee.kobotoolbox.org/x/gLlDKeTy
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1955 total views, 6 today