Mobile Health & Nutrition Midwife Nurse – Somali Regional State, Guradamole
- Job category: Health/WASH
- Post date:14 Oct 2020
- Share job:
Post Title: Mobile Health & Nutrition Midwife Nurse
Duty Station: Somali Regional State, Guradamole
Reports to: Senior Health & Nutrition Project Officer
Salary: As per the organization scale
Duration: Five Months
Islamic Relief is an international relief and development charity founded in 1984 with its headquarters in Birmingham, UK. As well as responding to disasters and emergencies, Islamic Relief promotes sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities – regardless of race, religion or gender. The office officially started operation in Ethiopia in 2004. Islamic Relief Ethiopia (IRE) is operational in the Somali Regional State with a base office in Hargelle, Elkere, Bare and Dekasuftu, Afar Regional State; Ewa & Gulina, Oromia Regional State; Chiro & Meayso and an additional operational office in Addis Ababa. For more information please visit our website: http://www.islamic-relief.org/work-with-us.
The position holder shall be in charge of technical quality implementation and delivery of the Mobile Health and Nutrition services in the assigned woreda. S/He will mainly be responsible for the daily implementation of the screening, OTP, consultation, outreach EPI, health education, sanitation, safe motherhood and child health as per the guideline of Oromia RHB mobile health and Nutrition teams. In addition the position holder is also expected to provide supervision, technical assistance and capacity building to health extension workers and Health workers in health facilities. She/He will be responsible for the daily implementation of mobile health and Nutrition services package as per the standard, supporting health facilities assigned as integrated mobile health & Nutrition modality and daily dispensary and drug supply management
Key Areas of Accountability:
· Conduct & undertake PHC like consultation & provide proper treatment based on the protocol
· Strengthening of linkages and coordination mechanisms between community and the woreda health bureaus
· Strengthening of early referrals mechanism in the Health facilities,
· Ensure pregnant and lactating mothers receive appropriate care and services in the Outreach and health facilities.
· Promote counselling of mothers on early initiation of Breast feeding and continue up to 2 years of age.
· Ensure all essential actions are put in place for sick and healthy babies in the outreach sites.
· Establish Mother to mother support groups in the outreach sites and provide one to one counseling.
· Plan and implement project outlined in the protocol for OTP and SC to achieve objectives of the project.
· The health and nutrition Midwifery Nurse will help facilitate admission of the patient at the OTP, and SC.
· Train and support the HEWs in severe acute malnutrition case management and follow-up (e.g., referral to SC) according to national guidelines.
· Train and support community-based volunteer health workers for the implementation of the community component of the project.
· Ensure each and every admitted child receives adequate and quality clinical and nutritional care through existing resources.
· Ensure at all times adequately equipped and supplied with the necessary nutritional and clinical requirements – Plumpy’nut, Vitamin A, routine drugs, nutritional equipment’s, nutritional/medical stationeries, etc.
· Assisting the planning and promotion of awareness creation on nutrition and preventative health care issues in the community,Perform other extra duties as required.
· Give weekly/ monthly reports regarding your activities, identified problems and proposed solutions.
· Contribute to the elaboration of weekly/monthly reports (narrative and quantitative)
· Ensure health and nutrition data quality
· Participate in filling health and nutrition databases as requested
- Conduct activities as requested by the Health and nutrition Officer
- Prepare regular written reports of project activities and submit to line supervisor.
· Ensure proper recording of the information related to referral activities to/from health facilities /MHN
· Report on activities on a regular basis through established format
· Update the Health and Nutrition Officer on the status of the program and performance of the staff.
· Report to the Health and Nutrition Officer any problem encountered during the implementation of the project
· Work in companionship with IRE staff and the existing health structures’ staff;
· Report problems encountered in the centre or within the team to the Senior Health and Nutrition Officer.
MHN Midwife accountable for:
- The respect of all IRE procedures (HR, Logs & IT, Finances etc.)
- implementing nutrition activities of high quality
- Alerting health officer and Senior Health on all issues that have an important impact or no identified solution or need support to be solved
- Timely and adequately reporting on health and Nutrition program
- Good working relations between IRE, government health staff and other partners.
Represent the organization in relation with the project to the local authorities and other partners:
· IRE representation for health and nutrition activities in related forums and meetings.
· Present the project to the various local partners and Upholds the image and values of IRE at all times
· This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task
- Inform the Senior Nutrition Officer of any professional problems encountered
- Conduct all duties in a professional manner following Islamic Relief staff regulations and charter
- Ability to handle multiple tasks on an on-going basis, and adapt to a shift or change in priorities, including the ability to work a flexible work schedule as needed to meet deliverable deadlines
- Organize training courses
- Draft agendas and record minutes of staffs meetings and answer office correspondence
· BSc/College Diploma in Midwifery and/or other health related fields.
· At least Four years working experience in the field out of which two years NGO experience in related field
· Experienced in Midwifery and health program implementation–data collection and compilation, working with counterpart for lasting intervention, training of health workers, etc.
· Good written and spoken ability of the local language
· Extremely flexible, able to work independently, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
· Interest in and ability to work in team.
· Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Ability and willingness to work in remote and potentially insecure environments.
Knowledge Skills and Ability
· The position holder must have excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility and Relations to his team members.
· The position holder must have an ability that he can manage when it comes to reach hard decisions to across the barrier.
The position holder should have a good interrelationship with others and must know local language
How to Apply
· Interested candidates are required to submit a complete Job application form with all required supporting documents (copy of credentials and testimonials) through Ethiopia.HR@islamic-relief.org.et.
· You can access the Job Application Form with this link: http://www.islamic-relief.org.et/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Employment-Application-form-1.docx. Failure to follow the instructions will invalidate your application.
· Closing date for the application is October 23, 2020.
· Due to the high volume of application, we regret that we will be able to contact only the shortlisted candidates.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1940 total views, 1 today