MOIS Transition Advisor – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Advisor
- Post date:11 Jan 2021
- Job expires in: 3 days
- Share job:
|JSSGP TERMS OF REFERENCE|
|Post Title||MOIS Transition Advisor|
|Institution and unit||Ministry of Internal Security (MOIS)|
|Name of Supervisor||Director General|
|· The MOIS Transition Advisor provides practical daily advice and mentoring of the MOIS Planning & Development and Policy & Legal Departments in the execution of all Somali Transition Plan (STP), Security & Justice Committee (SJC) and Mutual Accountability Framework (MAF) related work.
· Leads all Secretariat support to the Strand 2B Steering Committee and 2B Sub Working Groups.
· Monitoring and reporting of MAF progress, and STP planning and implementation, and will provide advice to the Policy & Legal Department on the development of necessary MOIS legislation.
· Responsible for developing the capability of the Planning & Development and Policy & Legal Departments to fulfil these functions without external advisor support on completion of JSSGP.
· Lead advisor for development M&E capability development within the MOIS.
|· Within two months (supported by UNDP) develop and implement appropriate M&E and ‘Action Tracker’ tools for use by the MOIS
· Provide monthly written and oral updates to the MOIS Executive Group on the status and progress of all STP, SJC and Strand 2B work
· Develop TORs for the Strand 2B Steering Committee and Sub Working Groups, and coordinate planning and delivery of 2B SC and SWG meetings as directed by the DG.
|· Internal weekly report to MOIS Lead Advisor(s) on progress of previous week, and action plan for the following week.
· External monthly report to MOIS/UNDP monthly, covering project progress, milestone achievement, key issues, risks identification/assessment and risk mitigation.
|Qualifications and competencies|
|Education: University degree in related field (law, law enforcement, project management) Specialized training in management, administration is highly desirable.
Experience: At least 5 years of work experience in the fields of police or other national law enforcement, including in the areas of police reform and/or police management and the specific area is desired. Peacekeeping or other international experience in the UN or other organizations is highly desirable.
· IT competencies in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email and communication tools such as WhatsApp and Zoom/or similar meeting tools.
· Fluent in written and spoken Somali and proficient in written and spoken English
· No criminal record or evidence of any criminal or terrorist associations.
· Conscientious and self-motivated with an ability to work as a team member and on own initiative.
· Ability to work as a part of a multidisciplinary team.
· Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity.
· Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their CV along with their application letter and Certificates
Via e-mail to JSSGPjobs@gmail.com /email@example.com so no later than 20 /0 1/2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1049 total views, 1 today