Monitoring and Evaluation Officer for Gargaara Company, Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Monitoring & Evaluation
- Post date:14 Oct 2021
- Job expires in: 9 days
- Share job:
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF SOMALIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
Country: Federal Government of Somalia (FGS)
Name of the Project: Somalia Capacity Advancement, Livelihood and Entrepreneurship, through Digital Uplift Project (SCALED-UP),
Assignment Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer for Gargaara Company
Project ID: P168115
Deadline Date: October 28 , 2021
Ref No. MoF/SCALED-UP/EOI/2021/0016
The Ministry of Finance of the Federal Government of Somalia (FGS) through World Bank supported Somalia Capacity Enhancement, Livelihoods and Entrepreneurship, through Digital Uplift Program (SCALED-UP). The overarching Project Development Objective (PDO) for this project is to “support progress toward increased access to basic digital financial and government services targeting entrepreneurship and employment, particularly for women.”
World Bank financing to Gargaara Company under SCALED-UP for on-lending to participating financial institutions. This represents the first step in creating a Somali entity with a commercial orientation that can act as a platform to crowd-in additional investments of private capital from international sources including other DFIs to advance MSME banking in Somalia. Gargaara Company Limited will also be receiving support from IFC on how to manage transactions and attract private sector investors to support increased private investment in Gargaara and expanded access to finance for Somali MSMEs in productive sectors and supporting sustainable jobs.
MoF intends to apply part of the proceeds for payment services of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
- Responsibilities: The MEO will be responsible for the overall Monitoring and Evaluation of the project activities under SCALED-UP. This will include monitoring the physical and financial progress of the Project, including project impact. In addition, the MEO shall be responsible for managing the Project’s overall Monitoring and Evaluation Framework to ensure that the project is on track to meeting its development objectives, its expected outputs and outcomes and its intended beneficiaries, as outlined in the SCALED-UP Results Framework.
All other specific tasks detailed in in the Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment that can be found at the following website: www.moct.gov.so and link https://moct.gov.so/wp content/uploads/2021/07/Monitoring-and-Evaluations-Officer-ToR.pdf or can be provided upon submission of application by e-mail. The email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Duration: The proposed duration for the assignment is twelve (12) calendar months from start date.
- Selection Criteria:
The selection shall be based on qualification, experience and skills of the candidate and followed by an interview. The qualifications, experience and competencies include:
- A Master’s Degree in Business or Public Administrations, Law, Accounting and Financial Management, international development, international relations and/or related fields.
- A minimum of 5-year professional experience in M&E related function
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong orientation and knowledge in establishing baseline measurements for results monitoring.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to see and manage risks and consequences.
- Functions effectively in a team of professionals
- Experience in working in development projects within the FGS or Federal Member States, and good knowledge of Public Sector issues.
- Project management experience.
- Experience working in a fragile environment will be an advantage
- The ability to draft reader-friendly documents by simplifying research reports for different target audiences, including the general public.
- Excellent English language both written and oral with great attention to detail; knowledge of Somali language is a plus.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, including the ability to manage priorities, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- The ability to work in a proactive and autonomous way.
- Ability to adapt priorities in order to respond to changing demands innovatively.
- Proactive and use of initiative to achieve desired results
- Ability to facilitate learning and knowledge management between staff working on the Project and among other stakeholders
- Strong IT skills (Word, Excel, Access. M&E systems)
- Experience working on M&E with the World Bank projects, or other projects funded by the international community is desired
- The Ministry of Ministry of Finance now invites eligible consulting (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the above-mentioned Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services and furnish the Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- 6. Attention of interested Consultants is drawn to section III, para 3.14,3.16 & 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Projects Financing Goods, Works, Non -Consulting and Consulting Services dated in November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- 7. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant method set out in the World Bank Procurement Regulations.
- Interested Consultant may obtain further information (in person or by e-mail) at the address below during office hours from 8.00 a.m.– 4.00 p.m. Saturday to Thursday except on public holidays.
- Deadline for submission: Expressions of interest should be delivered in a written form to the address below by e-mail marked with the subject title of the position by October 28, 2021 at 4.00 p.m. local Time.
Attention; the Procurement Specialist
SCALED UP Project
Ministry of Finance
Federal Government of Somalia
Email Address: email@example.com
CC this e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1729 total views, 75 today