Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Monitoring & Evaluation
- Post date:9 Jan 2021
- Share job:
|Title:||Monitoring and Evaluation Officer|
|Number of Position(s):||0ne (1) Position|
|Location:||Hargeisa, Somaliland- SONSAF Office|
|Duration of initial contract:||One (1) year|
|Closely working with:||Project Coordinator|
|Reporting to:||Program Manager(Elections)|
Somaliland Non-State Actors forum SONSAF is a leading civil society platform that aims to engage all Somaliland Non-Stat actors by improving their capacity and position. Since its establishment in 2008, SONSAF’s mission and primary objective is to enhance non-state actor’s voice. Through better coordination and networking that contributes to helping non-state actors to possess a vibrant space in policy dialogue arena especially, peacebuilding, security, democratization, development sustainability and have concrete influence in formulating policies that address the needs of all citizens. Overall, civil society and nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) have the power to influence individual behavior and the institutions that are involved in all development sectors.
SONSAF is awarded an eighteen-month project intitled ‘Peaceful Elections (PEACE)’. The eighteen months project is funded by the European Union and has two main objectives:
- Monitoring and reducing electoral tensions through Election Situation Room (ESR) across Somaliland and
- Increasing Women’s, youth and minorities participation in Somaliland’s electoral and governance processes in the pre-election, election and post-election periods
Under the overall guidance of the Program Manager, the M&E Officer will be responsible for the monitoring and evaluation, while ensuring high quality and timely inputs. In addition, the M&E officer is expected to ensure that the project maintains its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a cost-effective and timely manner.
SONSAF is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer who is well versed in working with civil society organizations (NGOs) and possess knowledge in key areas of Monitoring and Evaluation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor all ongoing projects and evaluate procedures
- Provide technical support to the implementation of monitoring and evaluation strategy for SONSAF.
- Review and amend the existing monitoring and evaluation system.
- Develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for the project.
- Assist Project Manager in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned from project innovations.
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output
- Provide technical inputs in designing a database relating to the results indicators of the Fund and programs.
- Organize meetings, workshops and other discussion fora to establish a dialogue on evaluation results and the evaluative knowledge management.
- Produce monthly, quarterly, six-month and annual progress reports on all project activities to SONSAF Senior Management.
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results and update (if needed and in accordance with the EU), the project documentation to reflect potential modifications in the activities.
- Visit the project site(s) regularly and provide monthly monitoring report to Program Manager.
- Record, manage and store monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way.
- Follow internal procedures to ensure high standards of performance and compliance with institutions and donor guidelines.
- Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
Required skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in development studies, business administration International Relations, Public Administration Economics or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of six (6) years professional experience in monitoring and evaluation, preferably with a focus on support to democratic institutions and civil society organizations on issues related to elections and civic education.
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project monitoring and evaluation systems from project initiation to closeout stages is essential.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies are essential.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans is considered an advantage.
- Ability to work with results-orientation and efficiency in a multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to perform effectively under high pressure, hardship conditions and long working hours.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Somali
- Excellent ICT and computer skills specially experience in using tableau, SPSS and other software packages for analytics.
Submission: detailed CV with a cover letter will be submitted no later than 13st January 2021, at 4 pm.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Office location: SONSAF is situated Masala Area, Next to Masalaha Hospital
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2106 total views, 1 today