Monitoring Assistant SC4, Kakuma, Kenya
- Job category: Monitoring & Evaluation
- Post date:22 Nov 2021
- Job expires in: 5 days
- Share job:
Career Opportunities: Monitoring Assistant SC4, Kakuma (153511)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Kenya Country Strategic Plan (CSP) 2018 – 2023, through its crisis response component support refugee and asylum seekers living in camps/settlements and populations affected by natural and manmade disasters have access to adequate food and nutrition needs. In Kakuma sub office, WFP in collaboration with UNHCR and other agencies is providing food assistance & nutrient-rich commodities to refugees in Kakuma Camp and, Social Behavior Change Communication and activities geared towards building the self-reliance for refugees and host community members living in and around Kalobeyei settlement
Under the general guidance of Head of Sub-Office and direct supervision by Programme Associate, he/she will perform monitoring activities for cash and in-kind food assistance activities in Kakuma Sub-Office and provide reports. The incumbent will also support the effective delivery of assistance packages
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary Diploma or Certificate in or other related field is desirable.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication of English and Kiswahili.
To perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area of Kakuma and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Verify the planned movements and distribution of food or non-food items, reporting issues or discrepancies to the supervisor for timely resolution of problems and to ensure that the quantity distributed, and the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
- Maintain information records and monitoring plan documentation, such as records of commodity movements and programme checklists, to assist in the effective delivery and distribution of food items or non-food items.
- Collate assistance programme(s) data in accordance with clear direction, in order to support programme reviews and informative decision-making.
- Liaise with cooperating partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support programme reviews and improve services.
- Receive and collate comments and feedback from cooperating partners, beneficiaries, and beneficiaries, to support identifying programmatic issues with a view to fostering efficient operations.
- Provide guidance for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to complete self-monitoring tasks and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
- Prepare field mission reports to document programme implementation.
- Provide technical support in planning and implementation of various agricultural activities and processes within relevant WFP policies and guidelines.
- Arrange for regular community dialogues and sensitization meetings with water user committees, community field facilitators on all agricultural activities within Kalobeyei settlement and host communities.
- Collate and process information including dissemination to support the production selfreliance reports for the unit, to enable decision-making and the effective management of resources.
- Perform other duties as requested.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Strategic Management||Displays basic understanding of WFP’s policies and strategies to perform monitoring and/or evaluation activities and their inter-relationship.|
|Performance Management||Applies knowledge of WFP’s performance management system to manage resources and relationships to undertake monitoring actions or deliver straightforward evaluations of operations, programmes, or processes to WFP monitoring and/or evaluation quality standards.|
|Qualitative/Quantitative Methodology||Understand and applies an appropriate mix of established methods and data collection tools to monitoring, reviews or straightforward evaluations, in line with WFP’s strategic and operational results frameworks (metrics), WFP guidance and technical standards.|
|Data Analytics and Visualization||Collects and summarizes programme data, including information on shipments, distribution site logistics, the status of personas in need, and beneficiaries planned and reached for all programme assistance modalities and activities.|
|Programme Monitoring and Review||Gathers, organizes, and provides data on programme outputs, processes, and outcomes, including distribution plans and the status, quantity, and quality of food and cash distributed and technical assistance provided.|
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has a strong experience in monitoring and evaluation systems and reporting.
- Has experience analyzing programme output and outcome data.
- Has a strong experience in dry land agricultural projects.
- Has a strong experience with community participation and empowerment
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- The World Food Programme DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
- WFP embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that celebrates diversity and inclusivity in all ways.
- All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications and merit.
- Applicants profile MUST match the C.V attached. Any discrepancies between the C.V and the profile will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The deadline for application is 05 December 2021.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1098 total views, 1 today