Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer – Burao
- Job category: Monitoring & Evaluation
- Post date:7 Feb 2020
- Share job:
|Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Programme Development and Quality||LOCATION: Burao|
|GRADE: 4||POST TYPE: National|
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
To support the delivery of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) strategy, policy and practice by helping design programme monitoring systems, build the capacity of staff in their analysis and dissemination of data, and coordinate information management and reporting systems. You will also support the MEAL Manager in implementing the country MEAL framework ensuring achievement of SCI MEAL standards and program quality
Your support in the delivery of an effective Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning function will play a key role in the expansion and improvement of the quality of Save the Children programmes in Somaliland to increase impact and enable positive change for children
|SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Area MEAL Manager
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Support the delivery of effective Programmes, in both development and humanitarian contexts, by:
· Supporting SC staff and partners to develop and implement the Monitoring and Evaluation plans, accountability improvement plans and child participation initiatives based on Save the Children International best practice.
· Supporting and build capacity of SC staff and partners in MEAL issues including rolling out required data collection tools/formats.
· Designing situation analysis, needs and baseline/end line assessments, and providing support when internal/external reviews, evaluations, and lessons learned exercises have to be conducted.
· Complying with and promoting all Save the Children Global policies such as Child Safeguarding, Whistle blowing, Fraud, and Health and Safety.
|SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
· Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Background of implementing effective M&E systems and/or accountability mechanisms in in humanitarian and developmental responses
· Demonstrable track-record in data tracking and evaluation, with the ability to support staff and partners on M&E methodology and analyze and disseminate information to a range of stakeholder audiences;
· Computer literacy, particularly in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, STATA, Power BI;
· Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills in English, with experience working in multicultural, multi location, values driven teams;
· Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments;
· Commitment to Save the Children values
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING POLICY:
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of SCI must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form] and comply with the SCI’s Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of SCI’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
This extends not only to children with whom SCI and its partners work directly, but also includes children whom staff are responsible. SCI believes that the situation of children must be improved through the promotion of their rights supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children International’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards, which all staff members must adhere to.
|CODE OF CONDUCT
Because Save the Children’s work is based on deeply held values and principles, it is essential that our commitment to children’s rights and humanitarian principles is supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
Interested candidates are required to apply through the below link:
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
3228 total views, 1 today