Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officer – Baidoa, Somalia
- Job category: Monitoring & Evaluation
- Post date:15 Jul 2021
- Share job:
Position Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officer
Location: Baidoa, Somalia
Category: Programme Effectiveness
Fixed term: Full-time
Experience: 1-2 Years
Deadline: 26th July 2021
International Role – No – Only National applicants will be considered.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officer will provide technical monitoring and verification support to the projects that s/he has been assigned to. The incumbent will closely work with the project coordinators and managers to set M&E plan, Indicators Tracking Table (ITT) and accountability systems. S/he will monitor and evaluate project performance targets in line with project objectives to ensure that the objectives and intermediate outcomes are achieved. The incumbent will be responsible for guiding the overall implementation of MEAL related activities within the projects and provide timely and relevant information to the project staff. S/he will also be required to support and guide MEAL activities across the consortium members where applicable, and also ensure that government Ministry of Planning, Investment and Economic Development (MOPIED) key staff are adequately engaged into the ongoing MEAL activities.
- Provide effective, innovative and strategic leadership of MEAL for the projects assigned
- Design and implement project MEAL systems such as M&E plan and ITT, output tracker database, Accountability to Affected Population (AAP) complaint response systems (online Toll-free and Interactive Voice Recording (IVR) systems, Complaints and Response Mechanisms (CRM) committee, feedback/complaint tracking CRM database, tracking/ extracting complaints/feedback/issues and report to relevant unit in project) in alignment with the World Vision DME Learning through Evaluation and Accountability Planning (LEAP) framework and Humanitarian Accountability Standards.
- Provide training to staff on MEAL systems and set action plans on way forward.
- Develop ongoing monitoring & verification checklists, tools and training project staff on the utilization of the tools/checklists.
- Conduct periodic post implementation/distribution monitoring (PDMs) and produce reports and recommendation to inform project performance and informed decisions.
- Coordinate as well as participate in assessments, analysis and dissemination of reports as per the agreed project guidelines. In addition, ensure timely and quality project reports are submitted by the project teams in agreed format and are in line with donor reporting requirements.
- Ensure projects carry out routine activity monitoring for compliance as well as outcome monitoring of project results
- Ensure monitoring and program accountability strengthening for staff and community structures are undertaken.
- Ensure that M&E capacity development and awareness among relevant World Vision staff and key stakeholders is enhanced.
- Training enumerators during data collection and making effective supervisions
- BSc degree in Social Sciences/ Statistics/ Community Development/ Development Studies/ Monitoring & Evaluation or related field.
- Ability to do analysis using qualitative and/ quantitative methods including use of participatory methods and tools for planning, monitoring & evaluation.
- A proven knowledge and skills in the use of data collection and analysis systems and tools for instance, kobo automations, SPSS and other data analysis software.
- Knowledge of the SPHERE standards, Core Humanitarian Standards; other international humanitarian standards and other capacity building skills.
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in community based programming, local government or work with NGOs or humanitarian agencies, of which at least two years must be in monitoring & evaluation.
- Computer literacy is required; working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power point, statistical packages as SPSS, KOBO, NVIVO
- Ability to be making frequent filed visits, monitoring, verification and reporting.
The position will be based in Baidoa Somalia.
World Vision adheres to strict child and adult safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks which will include criminal background checks. They will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Academic certificates will be verified with the issuing institutions.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1709 total views, 1 today