Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Monitoring & Evaluation
- Post date:1 Apr 2021
- Share job:
Scope of Work (SOW)
Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor
Somalia Bar ama Baro, BAB “Teach or Learn” Program
|I. General Information|
|Position||Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor|
|Project Name||Bar ama Baro (BAB) Project|
|Contract period||12 months|
|Location||Federal MOECHE, Mogadishu, Somalia|
|Reporting lines||BAB Project Advisor at MOECHE. Will also have technical reporting line to BAB technical team.|
|II. Background Information|
The USAID/Somalia Bar ama Baro (BAB) Program works to increase access to quality education for a targeted number of out-of-school children and youth (ages 8-15) in specific regions of Somalia. The program will work to increase student enrollment in alternative education program sites, improve their safety, monitor acquisition of literacy, numeracy, and socio-emotional skills among the learners who enroll in them, and enhance the Federal Government of Somalia’s capacity to regulate them.
|III. Position Summary|
The M&E Advisor will be responsible for the overall provision of technical oversight & support for establishment and maintenance of routine monitoring systems, presentation of findings to program management and building staff competencies at Federal MoECHE and Federal Member States. The Advisor will be based in Mogadishu, while he/she will also travel to Federal Member States from time to time to monitor project implementation. He/she will report to the MoECHE Director General and BAB program Coordinator at the Ministry. He/she will also work closely with all Head of Departments in the Ministry. He/she will also have a reporting line to BAB technical team.
|IV. Key responsibilities|
- To assist the BAB team in setting up a MEAL system at State level for the BAB project, clearly mapping what indicators will be tracked, methodologies and tools for tracking performance indicators
- Conduct monitoring and evaluating the BAB project to ensure project targets are being met within stipulated guidelines.
- Participate in evaluations and assessments of BAB project and programs.
- Implement the existing M&E system at federal and State level and reviewed tools for key outcome and impact indicators and targets for each project components.
- Assess M&E system for the BAB project to determine a better outputs, outcome, impact and lessons learned
- Help field team tasks and activities according to project timelines.
- Co-ordinate tasks between partner organizations and BAB project team.
- Work with project and support staff to determine which monitoring activities will take place and which data collection methods will be used to ensure their adequacy and appropriateness
- Work with project and support staff to ensure that the project work plan includes monitoring activities
- Any other significant tasks assigned by the Director General
|VI. Key Qualifications|
- Postgraduate degree (preferred) in Educational Administration, Monitoring and Evaluation, Information Technology or Public/Business Administration, and/or comparable relevant field experience
- At least five years relevant professional experience
- Experience in supporting and overseeing the M&E systems and activities
- Experience in strategic planning for project implementation
- Strong writing and communication abilities essential
- Must be willing to be based at the Ministry of Education, Culture and Higher Education in Mogadishu
|VII. Core Values & Critical Key Competencies|
Respect, Integrity, Commitment, Diversity, Stress Tolerance, communicating with Impact, Excellence and Building Partnerships.
|VII. How to Apply|
Send electronic submissions of updated resume & cover letter to Recruitment@crea-bab.com
With the subject line indicating Application for Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor – MoECHE Mogadishu Somalia
Deadline 7th April 2021.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1719 total views, 1 today