Monitoring, Evaluation, and Assessment Officer – Somalia
- Job category: Monitoring & Evaluation
- Post date:12 Feb 2020
- Share job:
Somalia Bar Ama Baro (BAB)
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Assessment Officer
Position Location: Regional (To-be-Determined), Somalia
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The USAID/Somalia Bar Ama Baro program works to increase access to quality education for a targeted number of out-of-school children and youth (ages 8-15) in specific regions of Somalia. The Program will work to increase student enrollment in alternative education program sites, improve their safety, monitor acquisition of literacy, numeracy, and socio-emotional skills among the learners who enroll in them, and enhance the Federal Government of Somalia’s capacity to regulate them.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Assessment (MEA) Officer is responsible for developing Monitoring, Evaluation and Assessment (MEA) systems, including data quality assurance procedures, and compiling, processing and analyzing activity performance data. The MEA Officer will be responsible for ensuring regular and consistent documentation and that reporting deliverables are comply with USAID rules and regulations.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Monitoring Evaluation and Assessment Officer will report to the Deputy Chief of Party.
- Assist with the Rapid Materials Inventory Assessment, the Rapid Education Risk Assessment, the Literacy Landscape Analysis, the Gender Assessment, the Community Mapping, the Institutional Capacity Assessment, and the Fragility-Resilience Assessment Methodology;
- Participate in the development of Annual Work Plan(s) and prepare and update the MEL Plan in alignment with project’s expected deliverables and results;
- Maintain an up-to-date catalog of all project MEL tools and forms in electronic and hard copy data files;
- Assist in the collection, storage, and analysis of accurate, high quality, and reliable data and GIS information;
- Identify in-country MEL training and STTA needs and ensure that these needs are met, and provide training on MEL activities as needed;
- Ensure that partners submit reports within the agreed time schedule;
- Ensure that partners and Bar Ama Baro Program team our implementing in accordance with the monitoring, evaluation , research, and learning (MERL) plan;
- Conduct project site visits to collect quantitative and qualitative data; including site visits for spot checks and verification of results;
- Conduct periodic research and/or case studies to measure fidelity of implementation and effects of activities;
- Advocate and promote scale-up of best practices and cost-effective programmatic measures with both staff and stakeholders;
- Support the project’s Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) approach to monitoring and evaluation; and
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in international development, monitoring and evaluation, or a related field is highly preferred. High school diploma required;
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in MEL and four (4) years of general work experience;
- Demonstrated experience in MEL report writing.
- Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred;
- Excellent record keeping, and documentation skills are required;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Verbal and written working proficiency in English; and
- Must be legally authorized to work in Somalia.
Applications to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 13th March 2020
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
4601 total views, 1 today