Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
- Job category: Monitoring & Evaluation
- Post date:25 Sep 2019
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
Somalia BUILD Project
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Position Location: BUILD Project,Mogadishu, Somalia
Creative Associates International Inc. is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, DC, the firm has a field presence in 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is located in Mogadishu, Somalia. The successful applicant must be a Somalia national and have the right to work in Somalia. No relocation or similar expenses will be paid by Creative Associates.
The Bringing Unity, Integrity and Legitimacy to Democracy (BUILD) project aims to support electoral and political processes in Somalia by fostering increased citizen participation; building the capacity of civil society, election management bodies (EMBs), and other relevant government and non-govenrmentbodies to pave the way for one person, one vote elections in Somalia; and supporting the development of issue-based and viable political parties.
Position Start Date:
The M&E officer is responsible for assisting the project implementation in overall Monitoring and Evaluation of project in their respective target area. Under the supervision of & technical guidelines from M&E Manager, the M&E Officer will be responsible for collection and compilation of data from the program teams for reporting, updating the data in the M&E-Information System (M&E-IS), make arrangements for M&E related activities including capacity building. The position holder will assist in the preparation of various M&E related reports including weekly updates, monthly, quarterly and annual reports. S/he will also assist in the collection and data entry for the various surveys/studies undertaken internal and external as well as MEDAL Data entry. M&E officer will conduct field monitoring visits for the program activities when required. S/he will ensure proper record-keeping of all M&E records in the M&E unit. The position holder will work closely with component-based M&E focal persons and will extend all possible support to them in ensuring the quality of data and use of standardized data collection and reporting tools in the project.
REPORTING & SUPERVISION
The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer reports to the Monitoring & Evaluation Manager.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will:
- Assist in managing data collection, analysis and reporting on performance indicators by project team members and project counterparts and regularly updating in online BUILD Database MEDAL for indicators data collected.
- Support subcontractor, grantees and other partners to capture impact data either through written or oral means.
- Attend grantees/partners events to assist capturing data and reporting them appropriately.
- Provide grantees/partners with support to aggregate and analyze data collected.
- Provide ongoing on-site capacity building to the grantees.
- Conduct official trainings to grantees/ partners inadequate activity reporting including data analysis.
- Assist in project M&E capacity building as necessary.
- Ensure good data management in storing & retrieval of all data from the projects
- Assist in external surveys & evaluations in field when required.
- Perform other necessary duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience working in Somalia on similar projects;
- Previous experience working on transition programs in other insecure environments is desirable but not required;
- Experience working on social media tools
- Working knowledge of USAID policies, rules and regulations preferred;
This position description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of the position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed appropriate and necessary.
How to apply:
Send electronic submissions of updated resumes & cover letter to email@example.com before 5 PM ThursedayOctober 10,2019. Please include the Job Title in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
4659 total views, 2 today