Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning Director – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Monitoring & Evaluation
- Post date:16 May 2020
- Share job:
Somalia Bar ama Baro, BAB “Teach or Learn” Program
Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning Director
Position Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Creative Associates International is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, DC, the firm has a field presence in 30 plus countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the U.S. Department of State (DOS), among others. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates International, Inc. (Creative) is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL) Director for the USAID-funded education program in Somalia. S/hewill be responsible for leading the design and implementation of the activity monitoring and evaluation framework and information system to track delivery against targets and outcomes. The MERL Director is based in Mogadishu, Somalia and reports to the Chief of Party.
- Lead analysis of data collected for assessment of progress and areas of improvement.
- Guide reporting processes amongst technical staff and consolidates program reports, promotes learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learnt.
- Support all the technical staff in MERL functions and manage any MERL-related staff in the program.
- Ensure MERL activities are in-line with the USAID Evaluation Policy and USAID Education Strategy, especially related to ‘counting’ towards USAID’s global education goals.
- Ensure periodic reports (oral and written) are made to USAID and coordinate closely with all partners, external evaluators, contractors, among others.
- Lead the design and execution of research and learning activities.
- Ensure capacity-building of local organizations and local program staff in execution of MERL activities.
- Oversee all communication/written products in close collaboration with the program’s communications team to ensure accuracy and completeness of program performance data.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- A Master’s Degree in education, research methods or other relevant social science from an accredited university is required.
Skills and Experience:
- At least seven (7) years of experience designing and implementing MERL activities for integrated reading and access to education programs in developing countries.
- Expertise in qualitative and quantitative research, including relevant statistical software.
- Strong writing and organizational skills for monitoring and reporting on program outcomes and impacts.
- Demonstrated experience in setting up and managing M&E systems that track performance as per the performance results of this program.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to measure the outcomes of the program’s activities and support program supervision.
- Demonstrated experience working in complex environments, working across different cultures, and managing diverse teams to deliver impacts within agreed timelines.
- Willingness and ability to train and be trained.
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English.
- Proficiency in Somali is highly desired.
- Somali passport holder to facilitate work-related travel throughout program area of implementation, is preferred.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2326 total views, 2 today