MOVEMENT COOPERATION OFFICER – MOGADISHU
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:15 Jan 2020
- Job expires in: 30 mins
- Share job:
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose ICRC exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
MOVEMENT COOPERATION OFFICER 2
RE – ADVERTISEMENT
About the Job
The Movement Cooperation officer 2 contributes to the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Delegation’s Cooperation objectives. He/she works under the supervision of the ICRC Movement Cooperation Specialist 1 (MCS 1).
This is a resident/National position based in Mogadishu.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the relevant ICRC departments and SRCS in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of their joint programs
- Participates in joint assessments with SRCS and other ICRC departments when required
- Contributes to SRCS ongoing capacity strengthening processes, finance development, risk management, resource mobilization, roll out of Human resource roadmap, Volunteer management and implementation of Safer Access Plan of Action (PoA)
- Under the guidance of MCS provides support to the SRCS Management and Heads of departments as well as the branches in the design and implementation of internal policies, systems, guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Contributes to ICRC and Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) collaboration in the field by facilitating contacts and mutual understanding
- In liaison with other ICRC concerned departments supports SRCS emergency preparation and response activities
- Contributes to the analysis of the context and humanitarian needs through regular contacts with the SRCS
- Offers guidance and supports the Cooperation Office in Finance and Administration matters and ensures adherence to the stipulated policies and procedures
- Shares ICRC plans and activities with SRCS Heads of departments and ensures that there is proper coordination between the two organizations
- Acts as a focal point for Cooperation related issues in the field during the absence of the Movement Cooperation Specialist
- Translates documents from English to Somali and vice versa as required
- Compiles monthly reports from the SRCS branches, analyses, summarizes and shares with concerned users.
- Provides regular reporting of activities, field trips updates and minutes of meetings to his/her line manager orally and in writing
- Attends meetings, briefings and other joint events between ICRC and SRCS
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
- University degree in communication, Arts, Journalism or a related field of study
- 3 years’ work experience in a similar field of activities
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Somali language
- Excellent organizational, analytical, planning and reporting skills
- Good knowledge of the political, social and cultural aspects of the assigned region
- Computer proficiency especially in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organization
- Training and development opportunities
- A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework
How to apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address email@example.com. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 26th January 2020. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1762 total views, 49 today