MSH Supervisor – Heliwa – SOS Hospital
- Job category: SUPERVISOR
- Post date:3 Mar 2020
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Currently works in Banadir and Bay/Bakool Regions.
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below one Position
Job Title: MSH Supervisor
Location: Heliwa – SOS Hospital
Direct Supervisor: MCH Coordinator
The MCH Supervisor is overall responsible for the MCH activities of the cluster and assists the MCH CO within the field of MCH related activities. She will provide needed support to the health facilities within the cluster. She will supervise MCH activities in the cluster and assure proper utilization of the MCH services in the cluster
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- To actively develop and participate in the improvement of the MCH program- antenatal and post natal care, obstetric services , reproductive health, family planning, nutritional health and training within Heliwa project.
- To maintain an appropriate administrative system that ensure proper documentation of MCH staff, medical supply, reports and other material related to MCH activities/ services.
- Be aware of the over plan for PHC and asses the activities accordingly.
- Check that the activities are properly displayed and registered at the health facilities.
- Compile monthly MCH activities reports of the cluster and provide feedback
- Keep informed about the development of MCH activities in SCA
- Give proper feedback to MCH staff within MCH facilities about MCH related activities.
- Feedback on monthly activities reports from clinics
- Chair regular meetings for dissemination of information and continuous upgrading of all staff of the cluster MCH unit
- To regularly supervise all concern health activities carried out in relation to SCA supported MCH facilities within the cluster (MCH clinics including OPD, EmOC, Female CHWs, and where applicable EPI).
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Public Health, Nurse
- Two years’ experience in supervising and managing MCH
- Good counselling and communication skills
- Observing client confidentiality and privacy
- Good experience in BEMONC & Familiarity with CEMONC services
- Excellent command in English and Somalia
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV, clear subject line and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is only open to SOS Staff with relevant experience & qualifications including Interns & volunteers.
Closing date: 14th March 2020
Competent Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2465 total views, 4 today