National Consultant (2 Positions) for the Revision of the National PCVE Strategy – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Consultancy
- Post date:31 Mar 2021
- Share job:
Xafiiska Ra’iisul Wasaaraha
The Federal Republic of Somalia
Office of the Prime Minister
Position Title: National Consultant (2) for the Revision of the National PCVE Strategy
Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
A national consultant to facilitate consultations on and drafting of a revised PCVE National strategy. The consultant will seek and incorporate community feedback and lessons learnt of PCVE programming and consultations into the revised PCVE Strategy, which constitutes a Mutual Accountability Framework commitment of the Somali government for 2021.
- Develop a road map with a comprehensive methodology, built on a comprehensive and inclusive approach for consultations and drafting of the revised strategy with the aim to capture a contextualised version of PCVE that fits the Somali context and responds to ground realities – focusing on tolerance and dialogue.
- Capture, in key informant interviews, the lessons and learnings of past PCVE programming and incorporate them into a revised tolerance and dialogue strategic vision for Somalia;
- Liaise with communities through consultations in all FMS and BRA to capture the feedback and experiences of local actors, including civil society actors and marginalized and disadvantaged groups, into revised strategy;
- Organize and hold consultations and interviews with stakeholders from the government, non-governmental organizations, community leaders, religious leaders, youth and women, academia, think tanks, and the private sector in developing a comprehensive strategy;
- Facilitate consultative discussions between government officials from the Federal Government of Somalia (FGS) and Federal Member States (FMS), including the various line ministries, to gain political agreement on the revised PCVE strategy;
- Present key findings of the revised strategy to program stakeholders and donors, including at CAS Strand 4 meetings, and include this feedback in the report;
- Finalize the strategy, securing wide support for future adoption, within the given time frame.
- Master degree in law, international relations, international development, conflict and security or political science preferred. Substantial professional experience in areas related to the output in lieu of an advanced university degree is acceptable.
- At least 7 years of experience in peacebuilding, PCVE, and/or dialogue approaches;
- Proven experience in leading a consultative political process, engaging with political stakeholders and local communities;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing P/CVE strategies and plans of action;
- Demonstrated knowledge in developing monitoring, evaluation and reporting frameworks;
- Experience conducting stakeholder mapping, identifying and engaging with marginalized and disadvantaged groups.
- Excellent documentation, presentation and communication skills;
- Demonstrated strong analytical and research skills;
- Strong mediation, facilitation, and negotiation skills;
- Ability to work in a high-pressure work environment with tight deadlines and adaption to a rapidly changing socio-political environment;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, taking own initiative and control to implement tasks to accomplish required goals and objectives through effectively delivered results;
- Ability to deliver tasks within the desired timeline.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Somali.
HOW TO APPLY
Advertisement period: 30/03/2021 till 13/04/2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.”
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2182 total views, 2 today