National consultants – Cold Chain & Logistics officers – Three (3) Positions (Mogadishu, Hargeisa and Garowe) (Open to Somali nationals only)
National consultants – Cold Chain & Logistics officers – Three (3) positions (Mogadishu, Hargeisa and Garowe) (Open to Somali nationals only)
Contract type: Consultancy
Categories: Health, NO-2
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Life
How can you make a difference?
PURPOSE of ASSIGNMENT:
- Provide technical support for the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of National Deployment and Vaccination Plan (NDVP) at state level in collaboration with other partners.
- Assess dry storage and cold chain capacity at all levels with regards to the COVID-19 vaccine characteristics and fill the identified supply and logistics gaps. This includes technical assistance in cold chain capacity assessment exercise, filling the cold chain sizing tool and regularly updating it.
- Estimation the target populations that will be prioritized for access to vaccines, and forecasting the needs for COVID-19 vaccine, safe injections equipment, as well as PPE.
- Map service points, identify and estimate number of health workers and planning the supply of PPE to these workers.
- Provide technical support to the MOHs to chair and facilitate a Logistic Working Group (LWG) and its sub-committees.
- Provide necessary data and support for the development of standard operating procedures (SOPs) or guidelines for collection and disposal of medical waste in line with WHO recommendations
- Providing technical support for updating vaccine stock management tools and SOPs with regards to the COVID-19 vaccines characteristics in line with WHO recommendations and facilitate their effective implementation with MOHs.
- Support MOHs to develop, implement and monitor activities in support of effective reverse logistics and medical waste management, as part of the plans.
- Support with additional immunization-related tasks and assignments that may be required.
- Produce monthly consultancy reports reporting on progress of the above.
- Collection, consolidation and analysis of data required for cold chain needs as well as the EPI Logistics Forecasting Tool. Vaccine forecasting and needs estimation submitted to the MoH and duly approved
- Service points and total number of healthcare workers are identified and mapped
- The Logistic Working Group (LWG) and its sub-committees are fully operational with updated ToRs
- SOPs or guidelines are developed and approved by the state MOH
- Stock management reporting tools and SOPs are revised and approved by the state MOH
- State operational plans are prepared and endorsed by coordinating bodies as required.
- Reverse logistics is used at district and vaccination point, and medical waste well managed.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- A University degree in Health, Epidemiology or other relevant fields;
- At least 2 years of progressive professional experience in the field of implementation of immunization Programs in Somalia;
- Proven 2 years’ experience of coordinating cold chain logistics within Somalia;
- At least 2 years’ experience in coordinating capacity building activities for health care providers in the field of immunization;
- Good command of written English.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
- Builds and maintains partnerships
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Drive to achieve results for impact
- Innovates and embraces changes
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Works collaboratively with others
- Nurtures, leads and manages people
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Kindly include an all-inclusive fee proposal with your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
Deadline: 28 Feb 2021 E. Africa Standard Time
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2032 total views, 3 today