National Coordinator for Puntland, Somalia
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:28 Mar 2021
- Share job:
Country: Puntland, Somalia
Publication date: 28/3/2021.
Closing date: 8/4/2021
Make a difference, where it really counts
FairFishing in Puntland
National Coordinator for Puntland activities– Fisheries value chain project
Location: Head office in Bosaso, Puntland. With requirement to travel frequently within Puntland and potentially to Somaliland.
DURATION: 8 months with possibility of extension. 1st of May 2021 – 31st of December 2021
Background and General Information:
FairFishing is an INGO working project based on developing a sustainable fish value chain in Horn of Africa. The Overall objective is to ensure the Artisanal Fisheries population in Somaliland and Puntland have enhanced livelihoods, food security and nutrition through improved and effective private sector management of the fishery.
The main focus in Puntland in 2021 is on demand development actions such as training programmes “Fresh Fish on the Dish”, as well as public awareness. It is possible that other focuses and actions are added if funding and projects are obtained.
Main Duties & Responsibilities of the National Coordinator:
- Keeping relation and dialogue with relevant ministries, officials, and stakeholders in programme locations
- Administrative coordination and keeping overview of all projects in Puntland
- Financial responsibility to coordinate, monitor and forecast projects regarding budgets and financial management.
- Network and actively fundraise among local organisations and stakeholders for future projects.
- Reporting for FairFishing program activities in Puntland to Regional Program manager
- Supporting the Regional Program Manager.
- Participate in project development for Puntlan actions, as well as monitor actions and evaluate.
- Leading the Puntland team: Ensuring deadlines are met and delegating tasks
- Additional tasks may occur out the practical development of the program.
Professional Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor degree in relevant fields in Project management, Fisheries management studies, Development Studies or Public Administration.
- Minimum five years of relevant working experience
- Experience working in, or in cooperation with governmental institutions
- Experience with project management, budget control and financial management
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly MS Word and MS Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively, with a strong command of both spoken and written English
- Ability to priorities, use own initiative, take and implement decisions to achieve agreed objectives
- Fishery experience will be highly valued.
- Experience withing the NGO and developing sector highly valued
- Ability to absorb detail, and learn new skills and processes quickly
- High degree of professional and personal integrity
- Team player with flexibility to work under high pressure in some periods
How to apply:
All applications must be written in English and consist of a CV with attached letter of motivation.
Interested applicants should send their application letters and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org , not later than 12:00AM on 8th of April 2021;
Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. FairFishing is committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within the organisation.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1445 total views, 1 today