||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position
The Recovery & Durable Solutions (RDS) unit promotes durable solutions to displacement for IDPs & returnees & works to prevent displacement in conflict prone areas through community stabilisation & early recovery activities. RDS programs are guided by the Midnimo methodology, a govt. led, community driven approach that aims to build capacity & accountability of governance structures to lead on solutions & provide (re)integration support to Displacement Affected Communities (DACs) whilst supporting locally led, participatory processes that promote intra & inter community cohesion, peace & ownership. To ensure that activities, outputs & outcomes are on track, & that all lessons learnt inform ongoing & future programming, RDS unit requires a Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning National Officer who can lead the MEAL activities for RDS unit.
- Track, document & prepare reports of project outputs & outcomes as articulated in the results framework for all recovery & durable solutions projects to ensure that all activities are on track by regularly updating indicator matrix & coordination with field teams.
- In coordination with the Community Stabilisation Officer & Heads of RDS Programs, measure progress towards objectives, quality & immediate impact of activities to inform programming by developing monitoring tools, leading implementation of & writing reports on baselines, end lines & other M&E activities.
- In coordination with Project Officer (Information Management) prepare information retrieval of field activities to inform reports & communication materials by developing communication protocols & information sharing tools.
- Lead the operational implementation of RDS indices & other M&E related pilot activities including but not limited to the below to inform programming & the wider durable solutions & community stabilisation community.
- Community Stabilisation Index (COSI).
- Local (Re) integration Index (LORI) to enable data analysis, by coordinating with DTM, 3rd party providers & the RDS field teams.
- Prepare regular monitoring reports on recovery & durable solutions projects to provide timely input for donor reports & for IOM Somalia internal / external reports by ensuring timely collection of data & analysis (qualitative & quantitative) for drafting of reports & feedback.
- Provide support to project implementation on the ground ensuring adherence to project objectives, project activities, target groups, selection criteria, expected outputs, expected outcomes & timelines articulated in the project documents.
- Carry out learning sessions based on M&E findings including challenges encountered, mitigation measures & how challenges affect program implementation to inform ongoing & future activities, by developing tools & mechanisms to draw lessons learns from field teams & activities.
- Provide inputs in the formulation of strategies for the design & implementation of project activities by drawing from lessons learnt.
- Plan external monitoring missions in coordination with stakeholder (e.g. donor, govt., international community, 3rd party contractors).
- Support development of M&E framework for projects to ensure that outputs & outcomes are properly & timely including a robust mechanism for remote monitoring & for tracking project outcomes.
- Monitor RDS’ M&E budgets to ensure utilisation of costs in timely fashion by keeping a matrix on expenditures.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
This role works under the overall supervision RDS Project Manager & the direct supervision of the Community Stabilisation Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible & accountable for leading the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) for RDS unit including Durable Solutions & Community Stabilisation Programming respectively.
– Master’s Degree in International Relations, International Development, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution OR Bachelors Degree in the above fields with 2 additional years of relevant professional experience.Experience:
– 5 years’ experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL), including knowledge of remote implementation.
– Experience producing M&E reports including baselines, end lines, FGD reports, post intervention monitoring.
– Experience working for an INGO or UN agency.
– Experience with international humanitarian organisations, NGO’s or govt. institutions / organisations in a multicultural setting.
– Knowledge of working in conflict / volatile contexts on durable solutions & community stabilisation in Somalia.
– Knowledge of implementing M&E activities for durable solutions & community stabilisation programming.
– Excellent & demonstrable analytical, communication & writing skills.
– Knowledge in the usage of Kobo collect for M&E data collection & office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) & knowledge of spreadsheet & data analysis.
– Fluency in English & Somali (oral & written).
– Working knowledge of other Somali languages spoken in other regions of Somalia.
– Respects & promotes individual & cultural differences, encourages diversity & inclusion wherever possible.
– Maintains high ethical standards & acts in a manner consistent with organisational principles / rules & standards of conduct.
– Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent & committed manner & exercises careful judgement in meeting day to day challenges.
– Develops & promotes effective collaboration within & across units to achieve shared goals & optimise results.
– Produces & delivers quality results in a service oriented & timely manner, is action oriented & committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
– Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge & innovate.
– Takes ownership for achieving the organisation’s priorities & assumes responsibility for own action & delegated work.
– Encourages & contributes to clear & open communication, explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring & motivational way.
– Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example & demonstrates the ability to carry out IOM’s vision, assists others to realise & develop their potential.
– Creates an atmosphere of trust & an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best & develop their potential.
– Works strategically to realise IOM’s goals & communicates a clear strategic direction.
This requires experience in supervising a team & coordinating with different stakeholders for the implementation of M&E activities.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to appyly for this role.