National Programme Officer – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Programme Affairs
- Post date:2 Sep 2021
- Share job:
|Job Title:||National Programme Officer|
|Line managed by:||Int Programme Manager|
|Employment contract:||One year subject to funding|
|Location:||Hargeisa / With frequent travel to project Sites|
Mag Saves lives and builds futures by working with others to reclaim land contaminated with the debris of conflict, to reduce the daily risk of death or injury for civilians, and to create safe and secure conditions for development. MAG shared the 1997 Nobel Peace Prize as a founding member of the International Campaign to Ban Landmines for our work to ban landmines. MAG supports the development of countries emerging from conflict by finding and destroying the explosive remnants of war, so that communities can raise their families and pursue their livelihoods in a safe and secure environment, free from fear of death or injury.
MAG’s Vision: A safe and secure future for men, women and children affected by armed violence and conflict.
MAG’s Mission: MAG saves lives and builds futures by working with others to reclaim land contaminated with the debris of conflict, to reduce the daily risk of death or injury for civilians, and to create safe and secure conditions for development.
|Overview of role:|
|This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and play a key role in the development of our Somaliland and South-Central Somalia programme. Reporting to the IPM, the Programme Officer will have responsibilities for leading on and managing the effective implementation and monitoring of MAG’s programme activities in Somaliland and South-Central Somalia, working to ensure the full participation of MAG’s diverse stakeholders in our work.|
|Training design & facilitation
· Assist with community mobilization, and in the design and implementation of appropriate training sessions for a variety of stakeholders (men, women, boys, girls, clan elders, security sector forces)
· Assist with the preparation of the project implementation plan and other key documents to support with partners.
· Provide regular updates and reports to programme manager on the progress of implementation.
· Assist the Programme Managers with the logistics of planning, budgeting, organizing and conducting training, and ensure proper post-training feedback is collected and reporting is completed.
· Proactively seek out recommendations from participants, partners, and stakeholders on how to improve training activities, and assist in incorporating these approaches into future sessions.
· Keep accurate, up to date records of training activities and participants
Gender & participation
· With the support of the IPM, coordinate the implementation, monitoring, and revision of MAG Somalia’s operational and programmatic Gender Action Plan
· Assist in program/proposal development activities to expand MAG’s gender-specific work with the security sector in Somaliland
· Ensure that program participants are aware of MAG’s safeguarding policies as well as feedback/complaints referral mechanisms
· Network with partners, local NGOs, and CSO specifically representing the interests of ethnic minority and women’s rights, with the goal of creating programmatic partnerships that expand the diversity of MAG’s program participants
Monitoring & Evaluation
· Together with Programme Managers, supervise and monitor project activities carried out by MAG’s partners and report as per MAG guidelines.
· Facilitate data collection and documentation of stories for concept notes, proposals, case studies and reports.
· Ensure that information systems are implemented to meet the information requirements of all stakeholders including beneficiaries, partner agencies, donors and MAG staff.
Representation & coordination
· Assist senior staff in the planning and hosting of programme visits by MAG staff, donors and partner agencies.
· Represent MAG in relevant external meetings as and when required
· Work closely with programme manager to create and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including donors, partners and other parties as required.
· Fill-in cluster matrices (e.g., 5Ws) and respond to external information requests, with the support of programme teams;
· Adhere to all MAG policies and procedures both Technical and Administrative, including safety, safeguarding, and security
· Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Programme Manager
All MAG staff are expected to undertake the following general duties:
· Work within the framework of MAG’s core values, promoting its ethos and mission statement.
· Work towards achieving programme and/or department business plan objectives
· Ensure familiarity with and adhere to all MAG policies and procedures including but not limited to the Policy on Personal Conduct, Dignity and Work and Equal Opportunities Policy.
· Undertake and apply learning from appropriate training and development programmes.
· Undertake any other duties as may be required.
|· University degree in social science, development studies, public management or related field.
· Excellent liaison skills
· Experience with implementing gender mainstreaming agendas across a variety of sectors, including experience gender mainstreaming
· Substantive experience and record of accomplishment in gender equality and women’s empowerment issues at policy and programming level
· Previous experience of carrying out community-based education activities
· Experience of assisting in the design and delivery of training sessions.
· Good knowledge and understanding of local context, political dynamics and local communities, their norms and culture
· Excellent presentation skills with the ability to engage with an audience
· Field experience and/or educational qualifications relevant to the role and MAG’s work
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective relationships with a range of people
· Fluent in Somali and English
· Flexible and good sense of humour
· Ability and willingness to travel and work in remote areas
· Ability to record information accurately and clearly
· A flexible and adaptable approach to work
· Previous experience liaising with local authorities/ Ministries of regional states
· Previous experience of using participatory techniques to gather information in at-risk communities
· Previous management experience (people, project and resources)
How to Apply:
Qualified and experienced candidates should send their CV, and Cover letter to email@example.com with subject line indicating Application for Program Officer-Hargeisa, Somaliland by 15th September 2021
|Employee name:||Employee signature:||Date:|
|Manager name:||Manager signature:||Date:|
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2893 total views, 1 today