National Project Officer (Civil Engineer) – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Project Management/Assistant
- Post date:14 Jul 2021
- Job expires in: 11 hours
- Share job:
|Position title||National Project Officer (Civil Engineer)|
|Place of performance||Mogadishu, Somalia|
|Duration||up to 11 months (@21.75days/month)|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Civil & Structural Engineering, Building Engineering with 2 years of relevant experience or Master’s Degree in Architecture, Civil & Structural Engineering, Engineering..|
|Sector experience||Minimum of 2 years of demonstrable relevant Engineering – Civil experience and/or minimum of 2 years of demonstrable relevant Architecture experience.|
|Geographical experience||Minimum of 2 year of experience in Africa (essential).|
|Language||Fluency in English and Somali are essential.|
|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position||
|Key competencies||– Bachelors or equivalent degree in Architecture, Civil & Structural Engineering, Building Engineering or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 2 years of relevant experience or Master’s or equivalent or higher in Architecture, Civil & Structural Engineering, Building Engineering or a related field from an accredited academic institution.
– Experience in urban development in insecure, or post conflict environments.
– Sufficient capacity to undertake the aforementioned responsibilities in Somalia.
– Experience & ability to produce & / or check the drawings including but not limited to site plans, architectural, structural and MEP drawings, cost estimation, BOQ & other layout plans which may be presented by prospective contractor(s).
– Demonstrated experience in project cycle management.
– Experience in working with international organizations, govt. institutions & / or aid organizations.
– Experience in working with govt. authorities including knowledge of building bylaws & building requirements an asset.
– Experience in construction / renovation work in Somalia is an asset.
– Excellent computer skills, including MS Office suite, including knowledge and experience in CAD based applications such as AutoCAD & / or ArchiCAD for review of designs where necessary.
– Proven skills & experience projects M&E.
– Good report writing skills.
– Must be fluent in English & Somali is required.
– Respects & promotes individual & cultural differences, encourages diversity & inclusion wherever possible.
– Maintains high ethical standards & acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles / rules & standards of conduct.
– Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, committed manner & exercises careful judgment in meeting day to day challenges.
– Develops & promotes effective collaboration within & across units to achieve shared goals & optimize results.
– Produces & delivers quality results in a service oriented & timely manner, is action oriented & committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
– Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge & innovate.
– Takes ownership for achieving the organization’s priorities & assumes responsibility for own action & delegated work.
– Encourages & contributes to clear & open communication, explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring & motivational way.
– Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example & demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision, assists others to realize & develop their potential.
– Creates an atmosphere of trust & an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best & develop their potential.
– Works strategically to realize the organization’s goals & communicates a clear strategic direction.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1541 total views, 3 today