DEADLINE EXTENTION: Needs Assessment Study – Galkacyo region, Galmudug State – Somalia
- Job category: Assestment/Investigation/Data Collecting/ Analaysing
- Post date:2 Jul 2020
- Job expires in: 4 days
- Share job:
Purpose of Assignment
|Needs Assessment Study|
|Location of Assignment||Galkacyo region, Galmudug State – Somalia|
|Duration of contract||30 days from 27th July, 2020|
Purpose of Assignment:
DKH Somalia Crisis Program is seeking a competent consultant team to undertake a comprehensive needs assessment aimed at appraising the existing labour market opportunities in Galkacyo, Galmudug state in relation to the youth in the range of 16 – 24 years of age as well as the subsistent skill gaps. The primary focus will revolve around labour market driven skills training and employment pathways, in addition to mapping out existing TVET stakeholders in Galkacyo; existing private enterprises for partnership; TVET centres in the region and employment-creation policies already in place, if any exists. This assessment is also meant to be a learning opportunity for DKH and its implementing partner and will contribute to its envisioned program development in the field of education, especially in provision of TVET in crisis settings, and in the triple nexus between humanitarian aid, development aid and peace building.
Qualification and Expertise required for this Assignment:
The Consultancy team will be composed of experts, if possible, they should be gender balanced to enable complete coverage of the different aspects of the consultancy as set out in the terms of reference.
Advanced university degree in the area of Industrial Education, development, gender and conflict studies, political or social science, economics or another related field at least at Masters level, or in its absence, equivalent professional experience of at least another 3 years.
- Solid and diversified knowledge and working experience in the field of TVET, including experience with TVET normative frameworks and understanding of the key issues in Somalia required
- Proven experience in carrying out labour / private sector market assessment for developing Technical and Vocational Education and Training linkages and programs
- Proven working experience in design and/ or management of TVET projects in Somalia
- Proven experience in successful proposal writing for development projects
- Show evidence of having successfully completed at least two similar needs assessments.
- Ability to lead a team, good interpersonal and coordination skills, attention to details and client and result orientation
A detailed Terms of References (ToR) that defines the modalities and deliverables for this TVET needs assessment assignment and application instructions to be carried out are available. To request for the ToR, send an email to
Deadline for application; 7th July, 2020.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2232 total views, 109 today