This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Night & Weekend Facility Maintenance Assistant – Baidoa, Somalia
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:4 Jan 2021
- Share job:
|Position title||Night & Weekend Facility Maintenance Assistant|
|Place of performance||Baidoa, Somalia|
|Duration||up to 2 months (@21.75days/month)|
|Qualification||Completion of Secondary School education or Diploma or equivalent in a relevant discipline..|
|Sector experience||Minimum of 2 years of demonstrable relevant Maintenance experience and/or minimum of 2 years of demonstrable relevant Facilities Management experience.|
|Geographical experience||Minimum of 2 year of experience in Africa (essential).|
|Language||Fluency in English and Somali are essential.|
|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position||
|Key competencies||Required skills:
– High School Diploma or equivalent.
– 2 years’ experience in operations & facility maintenance management.
– Experience in building management systems highly preferred.
– Excellent knowledge of Somali is required & working knowledge of English is required.
– Experience working with vulnerable women & children.
– Previous work experience in 1 or more of the following thematic areas a distinct advantage: DDR, PVE & CVE.
– Practical understanding of effective operations & facility maintenance management.
– Theoretical understanding of effective building management & safety of personnel management.
– Computer literate in MS office applications, Word, Excel, Outlook & database applications.
– Previous experience working with youth at risk & / or defectors is considerable advantage.
– Ability to assess the needs of experience working with vulnerable women & children.
– Must be literate & able to read instructions on medications if necessary.
– Must be able to troubleshoot any unexpected challenges in coordination with Center Manager.
– Excellent organizational, analytical, oral & written communications skills, with keen attention to detail, excellent interpersonal skills & effective communication.Required competencies:
– Respects & promotes individual & cultural differences, encourages diversity & inclusion wherever possible.
– Maintains high ethical standards & acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles / rules & standards of conduct.
– Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent & committed manner & exercises careful judgment in meeting day to day challenges.
– Develops & promotes effective collaboration within & across units to achieve shared goals & optimize results.
– Produces & delivers quality results in a service oriented & timely manner, is action oriented & committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
– Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge & innovate.
– Takes ownership for achieving the organization’s priorities & assumes responsibility for own action & delegated work.
– Encourages & contributes to clear & open communication, explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring & motivational way.
– Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example & demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision, assists others to realize & develop their potential.
– Creates an atmosphere of trust & an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best & develop their potential.
– Works strategically to realize the organization’s goals & communicates a clear strategic direction.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1048 total views, 2 today