Nurse – Jijiga, Somali Regional state of Ethiopia
- Job category: Health/WASH
- Post date:6 Apr 2021
- Share job:
International Organzation for Migration – IOM
—– JOIN SOMALIJOBS FACEBOOK GROUP: —-
Open to Internal & External Candidates
|Position Title||Nurse * 6|
|Type of Appointment||SVN, Six months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
|Posting Period||06.04.2021 – 16.04.2021|
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Sub-Office, Jijiga and direct supervision of the Migration Health Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities in relation to the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) in Jijiga, Ethiopia
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Perform daily nursing activities in the Migration Health Assessment Clinic (MHAC) to fulfil the technical requirements of the resettlement countries in the areas of:
a. Medical examinations,
i. Such as checking vital signs, weight, height, visual acuity;
ii. Blood, urine or sputum collection as required;
c. Laboratory testing;
e. TB management;
f. Treatment and referrals;
g. Pre-departure procedures and medical movements;
h. Documentation, certification and information transmission; and,
i. Other technical areas as may be required.
2. Provide information and detailed explanations to the migrants and/or refugees in relation to:
· The migration health assessment process; and,
· Treatments and referrals.
3. Ensure proper identification and follow-up by:
· Comprehensive history taking;
· Accurate and thorough Bio-data collection;
· Ensuring ID verification for each step of the health assessment process; and,
· Keeping a register of applicants who undergo health investigations and testing.
4. Follow and implement the Health Assessment Programme’s check lists and SOP’s and maintain standard universal precautions within MHAC.
5. Verify samples of sputum, blood or others are properly transported to the laboratory or previously designated location
6. Maintain and monitor the MHAC pharmacy, stock, medical kits and emergency kits within the MHAC and for medical escorts if applicable.
7. Provide pre and/or post counselling to migrants or refugees on TB or HIV education, prevention, and management as appropriate.
8. Prepare administrative reports and program updates as necessary.
9. Support the planning and execution of mobile missions if applicable.
10. Assist with pre-departure documents, briefings and preparations as necessary.
11. Perform medical escort duties when required to ensure migrants receive continued care throughout all phases of migration (before departure, during the journey and at the destination).
12. Maintain collaborative relationships with various partners to facilitate the follow up and relevant information sharing. Partners include internal IOM departments, other health providers, panel physicians, embassies other UN agencies or NGO’s and others as applicable.
13. Collect statistical information and share with Migration Health Officer as per preset and agreed upon format.
14. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
· Nursing Degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant clinical experience and a valid license to practice nursing in Ethiopia
· A minimum of 5 years relevant clinical experience
· Excellent technical skills, including in phlebotomy.
· Training or working experience in the areas of Tuberculosis management, mass immunizations, communicable diseases, laboratory testing or public health is an advantage.
· Computer literacy required: MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Access)
· Fluency in English & Amharic is required
· Working knowledge of Somali language is an advantage
Values and Competencies
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
· Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
· Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
· Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 3
· Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
· Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
· Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@IOM.INT, by April 16, 2021 the latest, referring the position title, Vacancy number and the duty station in the subject line of your email. No photocopies of educational/training certificates are required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!
Deadline: Apr 16, 2021
—– JOIN SOMALIJOBS FACEBOOK GROUP: —-
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
783 total views, 3 today