Nurse Volunteer (10 Positions) – Heliwa, Somalia
- Job category: Health/WASH
- Post date:24 Oct 2020
- Share job:
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (Nurse Volunteer)
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse.
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the position below;
Position title : Nurse Volunteer (10 Positions)
Reporting to : Nurse incharge
Location : Heliwa
Supervisees : Non
Functional Department : Health and Nutrition
The nurse trainee will under the suprvision of the qualified nurse incharge provide all nursing care services within a busy hospital. They will provide quality nursing care and support to patients. The care they give will enhance the outcomes for patients of the Outpatient Service through education, liaison, case management, co-coordinating the treatment and discharge planning processes for patients.
The main objective of the position is to provide learning opportunities to the Volunteer nurse in providing nursing care, administer drugs to patients according to doctors prescription, take and record vital measurements such as blood pressure, temperature, respiration rate, pulse rate, supervise patient feeidng, provide ALL Nursing care, counsel patients and families, assist the qualified nurse during ward rounds, give antenatal care/post partum care, newborn care, resuscitation of women and newborns, infection prevention and control.
Priority Task and Responsibilities:
Learn how to:
1) To provide the individualized treatment of patients in the Hospital
- Provide effective, safe and timely appropriate care and procedures.
- Liases with the Supervisor when there are issues that negatively impact on the provision of a timely service.
- Collect and document information systematically and comprehensively, through assessment, interview, observation and other sources of data.
- Findings are documented and reported recognizing the need for immediate and ongoing intervention and incorporated in the clinical record.
- Ensure the patient’s legal, privacy and confidentiality rights are known and understood by the patient.
- Care provided is evidence based.
- Ensure emergency cases are given priority in accordance to their medical conditions.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor from time to time
2) Be accountable for the delivery of clinical skills, in a safe and appropriate manner:
- Appropriately initiate, maintain and terminate therapeutic relationships/partnerships.
- Practice within team settings, accepting responsibility for decisions and activities implemented.
- Procedural requirements are met in accordance with laid out policies and protocols.
- Accidents, incidents, errors/omissions are acknowledged, reported and documented promptly.
- Initiates action to reduce / correct / prevent actual or potential risks to patients and colleagues
- Effective time management, priority setting, co-ordination and communication skills are practiced.
- Ensure that the available equipment and supplies are used safely and economically.
- Accept referrals and organize the clinic for patients referred to the Medical Procedure clinic according to protocols and standards
3) Ensure the patients legal, privacy and confidentiality rights are known and understood by the client.
- Ensure that all concerns, complaints and issues are brought to the attention of the Doctor in Charge and matron in a timely and effective manner, in accordance with the Hospital policies and procedures.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality
4) Health & Safety
- Promote an environment of physical, occupational, cultural, ethical and legal safety
- Observe safe work practices, rules and instructions relating to work, and be pro-active in hazard management
- Willingly co-operate in the achievement of all health and safety goals and initiatives by:
- Practicing and observing:
- safe work methods;
- correct use of safety equipment
- reporting & documenting all accidents and incidents
- reporting unsafe conditions or equipment
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor degree in Nursing
- Good counselling and communication skills
- Observing client confidentiality and privacy
- Good experience in BEMONC & Familiarity with CEMONC services
- Able to provide Basic Life Support to women and newborns
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure
- A good communicator with other midwives, doctors, support staff, individuals, families and parapatients.
- Very good organization skills
- Team player
- Able to work with minimal supervision
Child Safeguarding Policy:
SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe.
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV, clear subject line and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email email@example.com
Closing date is: 30th October, 2020
Competent Female candidate are Highly Preferable to apply
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: The purpose of the position is to provide practical experience & learning opportunities to young Somali graduates. SOS Children’s Village will NOT provide any incentive during volunteer period.
This job description outlines only the general scope of activity and the basic tasks and responsibilities associated with this position. It is updated annually in the course of performance appraisal. It may be supplemented with a more detailed definition of tasks, responsibilities and involvement in processes.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1791 total views, 1 today