Nutrition Cluster Officer – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Health/WASH
- Post date:23 Nov 2021
- Job expires in: 6 days
- Share job:
Job advertisement No. xxxxx/2021
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide and the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Why join WFP Somalia?
In Somalia, the World Food Programme provides food assistance for nutrition, livelihoods, and relief through the hard work of more than 500 employees who contribute to make Somalia hunger free in close partnership with local partners.
|Job title||Nutrition Cluster Officer|
|Contract type/grade||Fixed Term -NOC|
|Contract duration||1 year initial|
|Date of issue||23rd November 2021|
|Closing date||6th December 2021|
What will you do?
- Support the Nutrition Coordination Cluster (NCC) in the establishment and maintenance of appropriate humanitarian coordination mechanisms with stakeholders.
- Ensure full integration of cross-cutting issues such as human rights, HIV, age, gender, and environment, utilizing participatory and community-based approaches in all nutrition programming.
- Support the NCC in the capacity assessment of key humanitarian nutrition partners and support training and capacity building.
- Promote emergency response actions while at the same time considering the need for early recovery planning as well as prevention and risk reduction concerns.
- Support a multisectoral response through fostering effective links with other clusters especially Health, WASH, Food Security, and Education cluster.
- Support cluster planning and strategy development through needs assessment; development and update of response strategies and action plans and ensuring that these are adequately reflected in the overall country response strategy.
- Regular reporting against cluster indicators of service delivery and support cluster gap analysis and measuring progress and impact of the nutrition emergency response over time.
- Support advocacy for WFP’s mandate on malnutrition and ensure coherent and up-to-date WFP inputs to the cluster and OCHA reporting.
- Support to WFP nutrition programme in the areas of design and operational planning, government engagement, analysis and reporting and capacity support of partners.
- The candidate will work closely with the Deputy Cluster Coordinator and the Cluster Coordinator. He/she will be provided on the job training and coaching support and expected to take on the role of Deputy Cluster Coordinator after one year.
Do you meet the minimum requirements?
- University degree, preferably at the advanced level, in Nutrition, International Health & Nutrition, Public Health & Nutrition Policy and Management, Family Health & Nutrition, Food Security, Food Technology or other related fields.
- At least 5 years of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in nutrition, public health management, development projects, emergency assistance, and/or operational aspects of national, bilateral, or multilateral food assistance.
- Experience in survey methodologies, nutrition assessment and relevant data analysis.
- Food security and multisector programme knowledge and experience are desirable
- Proficiency in oral and written communication in English and Somali is a must.
Are you competent for this job? Do you have
- Strong knowledge of nutrition and recent developments in the field.
- Knowledge of sound research methods and monitoring and evaluation standards.
- Understanding of donor policies, strategies, and programme priorities.
- Advanced computer skills with at least intermediate proficiency in windows-based word processing, spreadsheet, and nutrition/public health software (i.e., EPI Info).
- In-depth knowledge of relevant field of specialization (nutrition, public health, development or other) is an asset.
- Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative health/nutrition survey techniques is an added value Hands on experience in International NGOs is an added advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment using the link below:
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WFP seeks applicants of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
WFP is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Selection of candidates is made on a competitive basis.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2108 total views, 2 today